Crashing during phone calls?Support

Last Updated:

1. dowtie

dowtie Active Member This Topic's Starter

I havent had this problem before now, but today for the 2nd time I just had the phone crash after a long phone call. The screen goes completely black, although the backlight still seems to be working, and I cant reset it or anything without taking the battery out. Anyone else had this problem?

Advertisement
  2. droidmoto

droidmoto Member

Yes! I just had this happen to me today. Exactly as you said. I tried everything and ended up taking the battery out. :confused:

3. Timmaaay4

Timmaaay4 Well-Known Member

this happend to my today as well. i had just turned on the gps and set a location and then i got a phone call was on the phone for about a 1 min. and then all of a sudden nothing. it was dead. it wouldn't do anything, power button did nothing. i had my car charger handy so i plugged that in since it was handy, that worked powered back on once i plugged it in. my phone has rebooted once before. but never died like this before should i take it back?

4. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Interesting! I've had mine on the dash and it has gotten VERY hot, calls, nav, more!

Even long calls on speakerphone in the nav dock, nothing like you have all mentioned.

What's your build date? Its behind the battery... mine is 39/09, supposedly the holy grail of droids!

5. Timmaaay4

Timmaaay4 Well-Known Member

mine is a 41/09

When i got the call my phone was in the car dock as well.
    my droid also is very warm- all most hot every time i use the gps.

6. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Oh it will warm up a bunch with gps active.... every single phone with gps gets warm.

Combine the extra heat of running the gps, and sunlight... and the first trip I did with the droid, it was certainly hot. But it worked flawlessly!

I'm wondering if there's some sort of thermal protection or something? Again, just WONDERING!

7. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

The problem is a conflict between the proximity sensor and the lock timer. There have been other posts on this forum about this problem.