crashing while navigating?Support

1. asmallchild

asmallchild Well-Known Member

anyone suffer from the phone crashing and rebooting while in navigation mode?

it seems like a fairly reproducible process during my travels during both holiday weekends

anyone else with similar issues?

Advertisement
  2. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

I was sooooo expecting to see a youtube link to someone following turn-by-turn into a lake or something :p

Thankfully, I have had no issues. I assume you're using Google Nav? Is it during anything else, like when a text comes in or something? Only thing I can think of, would be try clearing the data for the nav app in your settings, or also try downloading and running another nav app (like mapquest or whatever), and see if it happens with that one as well. If not, you may want to check with customer service to see if they've had other reported issues (it doesn't sound too familiar - I don't remember reading too many cases of it). It's also perhaps something that the 4.0.3 might fix regardless, but trying to get to the root of the issue would be good anyway. Also, is a factory reset doable for you? If another app, or clearing data don't have any effect, it'd be the "last resort" thing to try before replacing the phone.
  3. ISASoilder

ISASoilder Well-Known Member

Re. Google Nav is still beta if your using that prog for nav
  4. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Copied from another thread:

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! VIP Member

I have used Google Nav for short test trips and TWO 6 hours big trips. Not a hiccup. No crashes or loss of signal. Hope that gets working for you, as I find it indispensible :eek:
  6. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

@ asmallchild: I would like to confirm CharlesO's suggestions, however it does sound like it really could be a hardware issue. I would try a factory data reset and if that doesn't fix it, then there is a one year warranty from Samsung for this device; I would use it.

good luck
  7. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Happened to me when I had my Nexus. It was the one and only lockup I had. Didn't have the phone long enough to do exhaustive testing :) I was NOT prepared to conclude anything after just one incident. :)
  8. asmallchild

asmallchild Well-Known Member

Thanks for the helpful advice!

Cleared my data within the maps application and we'll see if this fixes the problem

I don't have any other issues with my Nexus so hopefully this isn't a hardware issue
  9. MaxMalz

MaxMalz New Member

This happens to me all the time. My phone (Thunderbolt) just powers off. I called Verizon and they acted like they had never heard of this problem. Sent me a replacement phone which sucked battery big time, so I sent them back their phone and kept mine. Turns out it seems to be a Google Navigator problem. I use Waze without any issue at all. I like Google Navigator, but don't like it powering down my phone randomly.
  10. magpullin

magpullin Well-Known Member

I used the nav once on a trip and had 2 reboots during the 2+ hours I had it on. Have not used it since, so never investigated it further. Have never had a reboot except those 2 times so I assume it had something to do with the nav app.
  11. actofgod

actofgod Well-Known Member

My VZW Galaxy Nexus reboots allllll the time when I'm using Nav...usually when I need it the most. It usually requires at least one battery pull to get it back to normal.