1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Crazy Cell Towers & 6 hour Battery life ?

Last Updated:

1. tiredhiker

tiredhiker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got a really strange problem. I am in Vietnam using MobiFone service. About 3 months ago something changed overnight and my battery went from 20 hours to just a 6 hour battey life. After a week I did a factory reset but the same. Took it to HTC in Saigon to be tested but they said no problem YET when I was there battery lasted longer. The problem was in only in Can Tho where I live UP to this month when the problem is now in Long Xuyen. I travel, to Cambodia a lot and usally when I leave Can Tho Battery life is better. I am now in Cambodia and battery life is 40 hours on a CamShin SIM. For a test in Can Tho I went to a phone shop and used a Vinaphone SIM for an hour and got a 40 hour life. This is a joke! Is there any application that can control the Radio or at least tell me what's going on? I tried a few but they do not say anything different between Vietnam or Cambodia. MobiFone did something but refuse to tell me anything. Back of my G1 with 1.6 is cool now but in Vietnam back of phone is very warm. Tried to reflash the Radio but phone will not let me. I rooted but still it will not let me. think I must load a new recovery program. Any suggestions???

Advertisement
  2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

keep a watch on your battery stats, see whats changing. spare parts is your friend here. also it may be worth considering upgrading to a more recent build.

lower signal will mean less battery, but maybe not to that extent. perhaps something changed infrastructure wise?

how exactly do you know you get 40hour life if you only used the sim for 1 hour?

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Try to srt it to 2G only and see what happens. Looks like your phone started looking for 3G where it is not present or the signal is weak so battery lasts shorter. When you go to a place with better 3G coverage than it is better because the signal is better there.

4. tiredhiker

tiredhiker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have DATA cut off compleatly as its expensive here. I changed the sim and waited 15 min then opened phone checked tye battery level and noted the time. Waited one hour and checked it. It used 2.5% battery. On the mobifone sim it used 14% battery per hour.

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Sounds coverage related to me.