crazy cursorGeneral

Last Updated:

1. stillupsf

stillupsf New Member This Topic's Starter

When my phone is plugged in my cursor jumps to the left making it impossible to type or access applications that are not on the menu screen all the way to the left. It also navigates itself away from web pages and I think the constant left motion of the cursor makes the phone run slowly. I cant look at maps either.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

This is a known problem with the Eris. Aside from returning the phone to Verizon to get a new (refurbished) one, the only 'fix' I've heard about this is to jiggle the wire until things behave. This is obviously only a temporary fix, and I suspect one that would ultimately make the problem worse over time.
    So it really comes down to return the phone, or don't try to use it while it's plugged in.

You could also try a different cable to see if that makes a difference, but I believe the fault is actually in the port, not the cable.

3. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

Mine wouldn't work in the down position and would jump from side to side on occasion. I was able to make it work by movin the charging cable around until I could scroll down, but then I couldn't move the phone after that. I got the phone replaced with one that wouldn't click, so I sent that one back as well. Now I'm on a good phone and all is well.