Crazy EVO...Support

Last Updated:

1. italianwjt

italianwjt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not sure whats going on with my EVO but my phone was rooted with Sprint Lovers Evo and previously OMJ. My sprint apps were working fine up until it said there was an update for the sprint apps. Since i attempted to update the file it says i am missing a file now. Today i attempted to respond to an email on my phone (hotmail) and i cant connect now. I tried deleting it and it wont let me create a new hotmail setup. After a bunch of crap i decided i wanted to factory reset my phone and no longer wanted it rooted so i could get the 2.2 update. I factory reset my phone and it didnt do shit, to put it bluntly. All of my pics and everything else are on my phone.

How do i restore my phone to factory settings? The way i did it was turn phone off, hold down volume down button and power, selected factory reset.

Any true help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

ohhh the joys of rooting!

sorry man, but I cant help. Im interested to see... i was thinking of rooting to get free wifi hotspot on my EVO. Good luck!!

3. Gtownfly

Gtownfly New Member

Same thing happened to me today. never had any issues with hotmail on my evo until today. Just wouldn't access my account...failed authentication or something. By the way, my evo is not rooted. Currently searching for a solution.

4. Cathy9887

Cathy9887 Member

I'm not rooted either and have had zero problems accessing my Hotmail until this evening. Literally, about an hour ago, it quit sending messages. It appears that I can still receive messages, but when I try to send, it says "Authetication Failed, Please Verify Username/Password" - which I've done & everything is correct.

Despite not having a solution, I at least feel better that I'm not the only one having issues. :)

Cathy

5. italianwjt

italianwjt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok phew, i thought i d!cked something up.

6. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

You can't unroot by doing a factory reset... Going back to stock will require you to run an RUU.