• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Crazy price difference in some phones

ethi0

Lurker
May 19, 2012
Hi,
I am looking to buy the Galaxy Nexus but I'm baffled by its price. The Galaxy SII cost less but they are pretty much the same (processor, RAM, AMOLED screen), in fact people say its faster than the Nexus.
Why does it cost more than the HTC One S:questionmark: Its got a better processor and an 8MP camera?
More baffling is it costs the same or sometimes more than the One X. :mad:
Why:questionmark: Because it comes with android 4.0, and gets updates quicker?:eek:

Hi,
I am looking to buy the Galaxy Nexus but I'm baffled by its price. The Galaxy SII cost less but they are pretty much the same (processor, RAM, AMOLED screen), in fact people say its faster than the Nexus.
Why does it cost more than the HTC One S:questionmark: Its got a better processor and an 8MP camera?
More baffling is it costs the same or sometimes more than the One X. :mad:
Why:questionmark: Because it comes with android 4.0, and gets updates quicker?:eek:

First of all, the GNex has an HD Amoled screen, Android ICS, an easily unlockable bootloader, an amazing dev community and looks just dead sexy.

Secondly, more megapixels don't always equal better camera. The GNex can snap pics in a quick succession and takes great pics, IMHO.

Lastly, in my opinion, there is no phone on the market quite like it. After I unlocked, rooted and slapped a ROM on this puppy, which I planned on doing since before it was release, I was glad I made the choice to buy it on launch day for 300! I run a kernel that shuts down a core for extended battery life and has amazing feature that really make this thing fly while being highly efficient and easy on the battery. It is called LeanKernel. I tweak the kernel using LeanTweaks. It is awesome! PM me if you need help or have any questions. Happy to be of service!

jmar

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
First of all, the GNex has an HD Amoled screen, Android ICS, an easily unlockable bootloader, an amazing dev community and looks just dead sexy.
Yes it looks better than most phones currently in the market.

Secondly, more megapixels don't always equal better camera. The GNex can snap pics in a quick succession and takes great pics, IMHO.
This is because of ICS so not specific to the Nexus only.

Why does the Nexus cost same as or sometimes more than a phone with a quad core?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones