Crazy shit is going on with my Hero :(help):

Last Updated:

1. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Its been weird. Idk wtf i did wrong to it. Nothing new has been installed besides for m:Racing, m:Vampire, and m:Dungeon Quest. Basically what is going on is my phone keeps force closing ChompSMS then closing Android cus theres apparently something wrong with it.

First its the ChompSMS then after that the Android closes. I have no idea what would cause this at all.

Any ideas? or is it just ChompSMS acting up?

Advertisement
  2. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

I had a similar thing happen when I loaded a bunch of apps at once. I never did figure out which two (or more) apps didn't play well with each other. I finally had to do a hard reset to get the phone back to normal. Now I load one app at a time and verify that it is working well before I move on to the next app.

3. neversatisfied

Well i have 59 applications. I barely reach that 70 app limit. Most of them are just games. so I am pretty sure 2 of them aren't conflicting. Unless its aFirewall with ChompSMS. But I payed for aFirewall. Aint no way in hell im removing that lol. I just wish handcent worked with afirewall instead. Not unless there is some other SMS app that works with aFirewall that works better with aFirewall. The original message app sucks balls lol.

4. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

I was having problems similar to this, I usually just uninstalled my most recently installed apps and rebooted. Doing that I eventually got my phone back to normal. But since I have uninstalled the Antivirus app I have not seen this happen again, I think that was the program that was always the real cause of the problem. If I had to guess afirewall is doing the same thing to you. Besides, I highly doubt you need that program anyways.

5. SilHero

SilHero Well-Known Member

i dont think its neccessarily 70 apps, i think it has to do with the size of em. if u fill ur RAM, ur phone wont b able to do much i.e. the FCs

also, whats so bad about the stock messaging app? ive tried both chomp n handcent but really dont see y people dislike the stock app

6. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

I use Handcent mainly for the Popup, and reminders.

7. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

nothing new installed... except you rooted it.. installed the gumbo kernel... plus have a lot of games besides the ones you listed as well as a replacement SMS app and afirewall..

that's a LOT of new stuff added to the phone..

I suggest removing afirewall (even if you paid for it) and see if the problem goes away..

or if you refuse to even try that.. remove a few of the games that you have and rarely play (if all you do is play games then get a DS or a PSP...remember..it's a phone) see if teh problem goes away.. if it does.. then be happy.. if not.. then restore from that nandroid backup you made right after you rooted.. and start again..

8. neversatisfied

What I meant by nothing new was it was fine after the root. Only up until this ChompSMS, and aFirewall stuff. And it ONLY happens with ChompSMS, i just dont get it. It worked perfectly for about 2 weeks then it starts doing this. Maybe i should start deleting my text messages, that could be the cause of it cus theres over 1000 in there lol.