Crazy Skipping in Music Player and FM Radio

Last Updated:

1. mdgouldkc

mdgouldkc New Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded MixZing yesterday as a music player and I had a weird experience. When I would start the application and it would begin playing a song, I would set the phone down on the desk and the music player would start skipping through songs, playing each about 2-5 seconds only.

I stopped the app and then when I put it back on the desk, it would start by itself and start playing again.

Today, I noticed a similar issue with the FM player. I started the FM player on a station while I was holding the phone upright, when I put it down it would start skipping through the stations by itself and I could not stop it, I had to turn off the FM radio.

When I placed the phone down on the desk, lying flat, and I started the FM radio from there, it played the one station I wanted without skipping.

Could the accelerometer be interferring with the media players? How do I stop this?

Advertisement
  2. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

It's some weird conductivity issue. You may or may not notice that the top half of the screen becomes unresponsive as well when it's doing that (as well as other times).

3. jester95

jester95 Member

This happened to me last night while i was jogging. Think i linked it to the headphone jack twisting in the connector. Tried to recreate this morning and it didn't happen.

Curious if anyone else experiences the same.

4. habitual.line.stepper

habitual.line.stepper Well-Known Member

I was having these issues today, but with the stock android music player. The phone seems to get a mind of its own when you plug in headphones

5. 2k2s2k

2k2s2k Well-Known Member

jester95 likes this.