Crazy slowdown on my phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. Christine

Christine Active Member This Topic's Starter

My droid was working fine for a week, and now it is incredibly slow (as bad as the horrible windows mobile phone I just got rid of). I installed Open Home on Friday night and that's when the trouble started. I unistalled the program, but it's still just as slow. The home screen is not responding when I want to swipe to another screen. On the rare occasion when I am able to swipe left or right, it's really jagged and slow. When I try to bring up the applications tray from the bottom, it stops halfway on most attempts. Every once in a while I can get the tray all the way up, but then I can't scroll through it. I tried going into the phone settings, but Settings force closed. Also, Home has forced closed. I've turned it on and off, but that didn't make a difference. Any other suggestions? This is horrible.

Advertisement
  2. Christine

I removed the battery as well, and that had no effect.

3. dontfeedthenerd

dontfeedthenerd Member

Have you tried reverting to factory defaults?

If this doesn't work, I'm sure you're still under the warranty, just take it back and ask for another one.

4. Christine

Factory default worked. I will definitely not be reinstalling Open Home. The developer suggested that I had too many widgets installed. Isn't that why you want more home screens in the first place? (Plus, I only had two more widgets after Open Home than before, so I don't think that could be the problem)

5. dontfeedthenerd

dontfeedthenerd Member

I had no issues with Open Home actually.

Keep in mind that the widgets for your "default home" are still on even with Open Home running. So I'd clear your "Default home" screens after installing Open Home.

6. Christine

I didn't think of that. Pandora, Slacker, Facebook, Calendar, and Weatherbug all running twice might be a problem, huh? I shall fix it!

7. karimarie

karimarie Well-Known Member

I wasn't having any problems w/ OH, but thanks for mentioning this--it's a good piece of info to know! :) I just went and deleted my widgets from my default home screen. Good stuff.

8. bluedust

bluedust Member

Any ideas how to revert back to default home to take care of the old widgets?

I have Pandahome and can't find the option anywhere in its program so I was thinking maybe you can do it in the Droid settings.