[CRBoGR][ROM]KitKat Explosion Rom 2.0

1. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member

freenode Web IRC (qwebirc)
    Custom Rom Builders of Galaxy Rush

Present to you:

KitKat Explosion Rom v2.0

I want to give a big thanks to kRize, AlexRayquaza, and Lordvincent90 for their help, they are the dreamteam that's putting the magic together, thanks so much guys... :D

JellyBean 4.1.2 with 4.4 added apps!!
    This is Stock Modded & Themed

What's in it?

**NEW** 4.4 Google Home Launcher with Google Now integrated
    **NEW** 4.4 Google Desk Clock
    **NEW** 4.4 Google keyboard
    Google chrome
    **NEW** 4.4 Gmail
    Google sound widget
    Google games
    **NEW** 4.4 Google calendar
    **NEW** Google+
    **NEW** Photos
    Google settings
    **NEW** Updated Google Play Store 4.4.22 with Clear Theme
    Supersu
    **NEW** Hangouts 2.0
    Also calculator
    Samsung Camera
    Samsung Gallery
    Samsung video player
    Es File Explorer
    Quick settings
    Downloads
    Stock dialer
    Stock contacts
    Stock messaging removed (Hangouts' SMS feature replaces it)
    Ubuntu font
    WiFi tether
    Xposed app settings
    Xposed extras
    Xposed installer
    Xposed xtheme engine
    Xposed tweakbox
    Xposed AOSP Lockscreen (Thanks to Zenwafer for suggestion)
    Viper Fx
    Viper xhifi
    Youtube
    New additions for Settings Menu (Special thanks to LV90)
    Boot sound enabled with new boot sound (Special thanks to superboy4444 @Reverb Forum)
    Custom Bootanimation
    Everything with Xposed is at latest version
    **NEW** Externalsd2Internalsd Mod
    :D :smokingsomb:

Power menu (thanks to bloodawn)
    Centered clock
    10 toggle notifications
    **NEW** System notification, ringtone, alarm sounds, and ui sounds from KitKat
    Themed framework (wip)

SCREENSHOTS:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    KitKat Explosion 2.0

My Developer Forum for continued support for our Samsung Galaxy Rush:
    Custom Rom Builders of Galaxy Rush - Android Forums

This is a WIP so if you guys have any questions or something that you need help with don't hesitate to ask and thanks for checking the rom out!! :D

What people are saying about KKE v2.0:

Xposed themes found here:
    [XTHEME][TW][PORT] alphaBlueX | Mixer | SimpleX | SimpleX_Blue | AlloyX | - xda-developers
    Thanks to Pier10

Setting up WiFi tether:
    Device Profile: Generic ics/jb wlan0
    Setup method: Auto
    Send netd max client cmd: checked
    WiFi driver reload: checked
    WiFi driver reload 2: no check
    Routing fix: checked

Also make sure your keep WiFi on during sleep is set to never: settings/WiFi/menu/advanced/keep WiFi on

You can also turn off auto WiFi on/connection manager:
    Settings/more/mobile networks/connection optimizer

Setting up Xposed module:
    Open closed installer and press install/update then soft reboot.
    Go back to exposed installer and press modules, and place a check on each box, then soft reboot.
    Go to closed apps and make you modifications then reboot for your settings to stick.

How to install Viper:
    Open viper fx and xhifi and choose CortexA8 with NEON
    The other settings are up to you. For more info check here: [APP] ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX 2211-1 & XHIFI 2102-1) - 20/9 Review on XDA TV - xda-developers

I would like to thank K Rize, LordVincent90, Zenwafer, AlexRayquaza, pyro_guy0001, and kskillz2000 for there helping hand, and hard work, I really appreciate each and every one of you that help to make this rom what it is, PURE GENIUS!! :D

Advertisement
    dashuaynu, ZeRoseDev and andynu123 like this.
  2. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member

Ok guys here's the update links, there are 3 different links, reason being is each download has a different background image in Framework-res.apk (Credit to LV90 for incorporating those images).
    Each of the downloads has the same 2 newly added features in /data/app, yes lol, you read that right, the 2 newly added apps, which are the s4 lockscreen and the Hovering Controls have been put into /data/app to give you the option later on if you choose to uninstall through Manage Applications without the need to go to Titanium Backup to uninstall them as a system app. I would also like to thank Lordvincent90 for putting the correct zip structure together as well as the correct format of the updater-script that is in it... So, without further adu....

I give you KitKat Explosion Rom v2.0
    New Features!!

Download Links:

Clean Framework_New Features
    Monster Framework_New Features
    Special Framework_New Features

I'd like to thank DaisFlaque for finding the 2 new featured apps and having me try them out, he was a big help in this process :D :smokingsomb:

Lemme know what you guys think... :D :smokingsomb: :car: ​
  3. desilynn79

desilynn79 Active Member

the rush is the same phone as the prevail2? if so this will work on it right??? i am looking for a working kitkat rom for the prevail 2 without a bunch of hassle doing it like go to download link and make you take survey ( or some other crap) to get access to the download and then its three parts and then theres a password....
    i just want a file to flash with cwm... something slim preferably deodexed with unuseful bloatware/ stock apps removed... hopefully i am wording all of this correctly.... please let me know if there is any if you need that might help you help me ;-)

thank you for your time and your help (in advance)

i love my prevail2 but would love to run a slim down kitkat
    what i have works pretty good after i remove what i know is for sure safe on Koumajutsu's mh5 update (custom stock recovery- i softbricked at one point--- thanks koumajutsu!!!)
    and 3.4 oberheromax- g68cfafa-dirtycompsjp@unbuntu #2 kernel version
    baseband is m840vpamh5 build is j2054.m840vpame3
  4. desilynn79

desilynn79 Active Member

i got a getprop assert error... i followed the following direction and now im am in the process of installing... ok... now what??? i am able to successfully install but it says it extracts boot image and i reboot but the phone doesnt boot up??? what do i do?:confused:

for now going back to custom recovery.... :rolleyes:

you get this error or something similar:
    Code:
    assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc"
    You do this with 7-Zip/WinRAR

Note: DO NOT EXTRACT ROM!
    In the ROM go to:

/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

1)Open updater-script with a script editor such as notepad/notepad++ (makes things 10x easier), or gedit if you use linux

2)Delete the first line of code (all the way up to the first semicolon you see) and delete the first semi-colon as well

Do not go past the first semiclon when deleteing and DO NOT forget to delete the first semicolon.

Cheers!
  5. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

The prevail2 is not the same phone at all

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

This rom is designed specifically for the Samsung galaxy rush. It WILL NOT work on the galaxy prevail 2 (or ANY OTHER PHONE that is NOT the galaxy rush)

You should NEVER install a rom built for another device. This can result in a hard brick... Meaning your phone will be suitable only as a paper weight or for masonry.

The developer put those checks in place to prevent just this problem.

I HIGHLY suggest looking in your device specific section to see what is available to restore your phone and PLEASE do some careful research before attempting something like this again
  6. Handsome Jack

Handsome Jack Member

This probably a dumb question.

I read the post #1 and #2. I don't see the Instructions how to install the KitKat Explosion 2 for Galaxy Rush. There are a lot of things going on in the post.

Please help?
  7. Lordvincent 90

Download to the rom your sdcard
    boot into cwm recovery
    Select install zip from sdcard
    Select choose zip from sdcard
    Select the rom you downloaded
    Select yes

Once finished, select reboot
    Handsome Jack likes this.
  8. Handsome Jack

Handsome Jack Member

9. Lordvincent 90

You need to flash (install) one of the frameworks found in this post
    http://androidforums.com/custom-rom...m-kitkat-explosion-rom-2-0-a.html#post6397764
    (second post in this thread)

The process is the same as flashing the rom

Clean = the original image
    Monster = the one you see now
    Special = a picture with an orb
  10. Handsome Jack

Handsome Jack Member

Same Instructions?

Download to the rom your sdcard
    boot into cwm recovery
    Select install zip from sdcard
    Select choose zip from sdcard
    Select the rom you downloaded
    Select yes

Thanks again.
  11. Lordvincent 90

Yes, but as I noted/edited in your quote, not the ROM, just the zip containing the framework :)
  12. Handsome Jack

Handsome Jack Member

Thank you.
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  13. Handsome Jack

Handsome Jack Member

1 more question. How to enable the auto Sync in:
    Account -> Google
    ?
    It shows my Sync is disabled. Tap to sync now. I don't see the option to enable the auto Sync.
  14. Gokaired69

Gokaired69 Member

Having some serious difficulty trying to install this ROM. It looks awesome and I really want to try it out, but the only thing I have space to download to is the external SD. Problem is, this piece of junk doesn't seem to like external SD, anything put there gets wiped the moment the device is powered off.

And after having this happen repeatedly, I'M AT THE POINT WHERE I'M ABOUT READY TO BREAK THIS THING.
  15. crazynapkinman

crazynapkinman Active Member

New micro SD?
  16. Gokaired69

Gokaired69 Member

No, I actually had the micro SD card for a few months. This thing hasn't worked with ANY micro SD card. It can write, but nothing sticks, it's gone upon reboot.
  17. crazynapkinman

What are you using to write to SD card?

All else fails do a full wipe (user data/cache/dalvik cache)

Format SD and create fresh boot IMG.

Put zips on there from this thread and flash in this order:

KKE zip
    Cwm zip
    Gaps zip

Boot.

If successful, reboot to recovery and flash the updated build.prop zip

Let me know.

If fail, take screens and post.

I continue to try and help
  18. Gokaired69

Gokaired69 Member

...the Rush itself can save things to the SD card, but once the thing is rebooted, even if it's to recovery, anything that's put there is GONE.
  19. crazynapkinman

Did you get ROM installed?

Full wipe should clear everything off internal memory.
  20. closelemski

closelemski Member

Freak'n Awesome

The KitKat Exlosion Rom V2.0 Rocks, I had to go with the special framework features tho, couldn't handle the others. I had my fingers crossed when I rooted my galaxy rush, and almost took a bite out of my blue jeans sweating bullets hoping I didn't jack my phone up flashing the KitKat rom. Man am I glad it's all over and came outs smooth as silk so far. Man the jelly Bean 4.1.2 rocks this little "OLD" phone, it's like I just got a newer faster phone!

Hats off to the people who put this all together, and to all the people on the Forum for all the good reading material and instructions!!;)
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  21. crazynapkinman

You got the updated build.prop too right?
  22. closelemski

closelemski Member

How do I change the boot music? Sorry RAP music isn't my cup of tea.
  23. crazynapkinman

No idea. If I figure it out please post fix. I too do not like boot sound.... Freaking drake....
    closelemski likes this.
  24. Lordvincent 90

You can just delete the file with a root file explorer. I'm pretty sure it's located in /system/media/audio/ui/bst/ and it's called startup.ogg or something similar.

Just look for the bst folder inside the audio directory (it might not be in ui)
  25. closelemski

closelemski Member

found the file, but it says can not move or delete and can not add another file in that folder?

Scratch that was able to delete the Rap Music , and replaced it with another mp3, but all I get is the "DROID" one time during reboot, which is better than what I had to listen to before, Oh Well, I'm happy.