Create event/appointment from contact

Last Updated:

1. miles_muso

miles_muso Member

I have browsed quite a few forums, but I've yet to find an app that will do this.

Simply put, what I (and seemingly hundreds of others!) want is a way of selecting a contact from the contact list, opening the contacts menu (or maybe long-pressing on the contact name) and clicking 'Create Appointment'. This would then open the calendar app (stock or A.N.Other) at a new appointment and would then:
    (1) automatically fill in the contact name in the subject field (perhaps using text such as 'meeting with nnnn' as a default)
    (2) automatically add the default contact address as the meeting location (or perhaps a combo box allowing selection from Home Address, Work Address, other)

As simple as this seems (the fields are surely accessible from any app), I find it hard to believe that no app out there does this!

Perhaps it's the case that it's difficult to add a 'context menu function' to the existing default contact functionality - maybe this would necessitate a hack into android (like a plugin) rather than creation of a new app.

But even the big replacement shell apps (SPB) don't have this functionality, nor is it available from GO Contacts PRO, or 'Calendar Event'

Can anyone help??

2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Dialer One does this. Long press a contact and you get the option to add calendar event. It pulls up the calendar entry screen and pre-fills the event title with the contact. It doesn't pull the address on file though, or the phone number, just the contact name.
  3. aespinal

aespinal New Member

Where could I find Dialer One ?
  4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

You can find it in Google Play.
    There are a lot of dialers, I've been using this for years though and really like it.
  5. erickas

erickas New Member

There are a lot of dialers, I've been using this for years though and really like it.