Create folders on homescreen for appsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. N7AS

N7AS Well-Known Member

I have been trying to put more than one app in a folder on my homescreen by dragging one app onto another, but it only swaps the positions of the apps. My Galaxy Nexus is upgraded to JellyBean 4.1. What am I doing wrong?

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Strange, I assume you're not rooted?
    Works just fine for me. When you drag the app over another a highlighted circle doesn't appear?
    Are you using a third party launcher?
  3. joesixpack

joesixpack Well-Known Member

I've found that setting up folders in Jelly Bean is really touchy. I've had several personal instances where I'd try to drop one icon onto another and they just end up switching positions. Hold down on the icon and drag it on top of the other one until the blue ring appears around the target. Let go when you see that blue ring! I know it can be frustrating, but keep trying - you'll get it to work eventually.

Just be careful if you have your icons near the top of the screen. You may end up getting too colse to the "delete" area at top center of the screen and your icon/folder will disappear and not come back!
  4. N7AS

N7AS Well-Known Member

I just read on the Nexus 7 forum that instead of holding the icon on top of the other one, just hold and swipe it to that position. I tried it and it works, but didn't see any blue circle.
  5. Jay3

Jay3 Well-Known Member

The blue circle is there.

Make sure one of the items is not a 1x1 widget. They'll just keep swapping forever. Widgets can't go in folders.