• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

create new note button in call display

Mr Bob

Lurker
May 12, 2010
I would really like a button on the in call display or the in call menu to take a note or creates a txt file with the callers number or contact details as the title.
there was a similar function in windows mobile 6 to take a new note while in call, something along those lines would be great.

Thanks.

I'd like it so that you could take a note directly after the call, the note got stored in the notes section of the contact and then when that person called again i'd like all those notes to be displayed.

OK I found the Notes in the contact editor. But then you won't really have a title and body text, all I can give you in that case is a first line that would look like the rest of the note with the requested data (like date time). Would you prefer it integrate in here or as a more capable note with a title? I am pretty sure using the existing notes would be easier for me.

Upvote 0
OK I found the Notes in the contact editor. But then you won't really have a title and body text, all I can give you in that case is a first line that would look like the rest of the note with the requested data (like date time). Would you prefer it integrate in here or as a more capable note with a title? I am pretty sure using the existing notes would be easier for me.

I haven't forgotten about you lot, just need to update my subscription prefs! It's really annoying as I still have my Treo but no power lead, could've fired up Call filter and given you some more pointers. I personally would like the notes integrated with the contact, if not directly in the note field then linked in some other way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones