1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Create playlists on PC, and copy to Droid? Where are Droid created playlists stored?Support

1. nelcatjar

nelcatjar Member

How do I create a playlists on my PC and copy it to my Droid? What format is a playlists, so I could create on my PC, copy it to my Droid, and my Droid recognize and use the play lists.

I know how to copy music from my PC to my Droid, and how to create playlists while on my Droid by pressing and holding a song then adding to a playlist. With a large number of songs, this can be very time consuming and tedious.

(and for that matter, where are the playlists on my Droid that I create on my Droid? I cannot find any files that look like a playlists. Are they hidden? What is the file extension?)

Advertisement
    :
  2. nelcatjar

nelcatjar Member

Bump.
  3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Might be hidden. There's got to be a way to get to them, if not normally then at least with root access. I haven't been able to find them either.
  4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Oh snap vince, you're about to join Joe's 1k+ club
  5. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

I'd like to know this too. It's a royal pain in the nuts to create playlists on the droid.
  6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Lol. Joe went blowing past me, I think he was at 300 something posts when I was at 800. You're gettin there too though.
  7. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

lol shhh. I'm planning on posting in reverse soon so I dont cross the 1k mark.
  8. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c Well-Known Member

I'd love to be able to so this as well.
  9. 22engine

22engine Well-Known Member

i looked around for this also and no luck. I just need play lists for when i go to the gym. Are you using itunes for your music. If so there is an app in the market called isyncr and it works great. Lets you sync play list from itunes to your droid. hope that helps
  10. cooawk

cooawk New Member

What I did was
    1.)mount the droid manually
    2.)dragged the desired .mp3(s) to the the device
    3.)since i already had the playlists made up on itunes i just right clicked on the name of the playlist and hit export
    4.)chose the file extension .m3u
    5.)once the .m3u was created, dragged the .m3u to the droid and it shows up under playlists in the android music app

I like this method bc it doesn't require any software other than itunes
  11. jzaruba

jzaruba Member

*bump*
  12. BigPapi

BigPapi New Member

For Windows Media Player, once the Droid X is discovered, right click on the name of your Droid X device to SET UP SYNC LIST. Then, you identify which Windows Media Player playlists will sync in. Here is the rub...

When your device is connected in "USB Mass Storage" mode, the music and videos will sync, but the Playlists do not.

However, when you change to "PC Mode" on the USB Connection, everything syncs the way it's supposed to - including the playlists from Windows Media Player.

I personally have had NO success with "Windows Media Sync" mode on USB Connection, but I hear rumor it works with Windows 7 OSs.

Good luck!
  13. atommc

atommc New Member

How do you change to PC Mode?? I've got a Samsung Galaxy 2 and when I press the setting button it shows 'USB Utilities' click and it says 'USB Mass Storage' with a button saying 'connect to pc'. Nowhere do I see anything about 'PC Mode'
  14. drrcjones

drrcjones New Member

This worked like a charm -- thank you thank you thank you!!
    :):):)
    drrcjones

15. sammyray1023

sammyray1023 New Member

The easiest way to create your playlists on your droid, is to first create them on your computer through windows media player and then sync to your device. Works for me.
  16. atommc

atommc New Member

How do you sync them, that is the problem.
  17. goobarb

goobarb New Member

This worked well with the free winamp app, cheers
  18. nishumon

nishumon New Member

Use mp3tag software( Google it!) and edit album name to something like 'myplay' or what else you want on the pc.Then the songs is available in the album option of your droid.
  19. jzaruba

jzaruba Member

this thread is about creating playlists
    your "solution" throws away album information
  20. EricC1001

EricC1001 New Member

I just got a Droid Razr Maxx and also would like help with Playlists. I synced my music to my phone's SDcard via MotoCastUSB, as well as the playlist files. The problem is they are totally randomized, or somewhat-alphabetized or something. I make my playlists on my pc to flow nicely. I DESPISE the "shuffle" feature, which the phone is basically forcing on me. Is there any way to get it to play the songs in the correct order? I've tried the "Music"(Google Music) app and "My Music"(Motocast) and neither seem to be able to do it. (sigh it's 2012. I'm tired of my phones not being able to simply play a playlist correctly.)

Edit: I copied some playlists over via WMP(and WMP Sync usbsetting) and removed all of the stuff from motocastusb's sync. Even though WMP syncs by playlist it didn't seem to send the playlist file over. I opened the phone's drive from My Computer and saw it had a playlist folder in it, so I opened my playlist folder and copied them over, and the phone has them, and they play in order now. Apparently Motocast can't sync playlist files properly lol. If I found that playlist folder earlier maybe it would've worked, and I wouldn't be copying my ENTIRE music library back over again lol.

I guess I'll have to recopy the playlists each time they're modified. That's....unintuitive and kinda a pain. At least with motocast I can flag the folder as "casted" or whatever so if I forget I can dl the file remotely.
  21. Thorman

Thorman Member

that's kewl...but it won't work if you have an Audio Book with Chapters.

Anyone know how to handle this with an audio book?
  22. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

Sorry for the lateness of this reply. For me, I had an audio book that I had ripped from the CD's to .mp3 files, transferred them to my device and then used the music app to create a play list with just those files. Sometimes, you have to reboot the device so those files will show up in the music app.

If you have an audio book say from audible, you must use the audible app.

good luck
  23. TechnoBob99

TechnoBob99 New Member

This worked on 11/14/2014:
    1.) Various threads told me I needed my playlist with the file extension of .m3u.
    2.) Windows Media Player saves playlists as .wpl.
    3.) Create playlist in Windows Media Player, right-click it and open file location.
    4.) Download and install "WPL To M3U Converter" from SourceForge.net: WPL To M3U Converter | SourceForge.net
    5.) Run the file and find and app with the most simple, intuitive interface you've ever encountered: Click, "Open WPL Playlist," and put in the file path you found in step 3 (above).
    6.) Click, "Save Playlist as .m3u." The default, "My Music," location will ave the list in the same, Playlists, directory where you found your .wpl file.
    7.) I dragged both my music .mp3 files and my new .m3u over to my RazrM SD card, unplugged the USB chord from the phone and opened up the, "Play Music," app on the phone. When I searched, "Playlists," the new one was there and it works!