Creating a Calendar - not to be syncedTips

Last Updated:

1. 99980000

99980000 Member This Topic's Starter

OK - so I have two Google calendars and all are working fine with my EVO. I also have an Outlook calendar as well.

However, I want to create other (new) calendars in order to create events within each of them and NOT have those calendars necessarily linked to any type of account (I don't want to have to create yet more Google calendars).

The reason for this is to create calendars for my kids' sporting events, special events I create for my personal reasons, etc, etc. If I had these calendars on my EVO, then I can simply un-check those calendars I don't want to see, and I can then simply see the events for the new calendars in Agenda view without the clutter of other non-related events.

I can't seem to find a workaround to creating a new calendar without having to create a new "account". How can I simply create a stand-alone calendar not synced anywhere?

Any one?

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I'm not sure on the Evo, but the Epic has a "local" calendar that doesn't sync.

3. 99980000

I would love that option! I think you're right. I don't see an option LIKE THAT, but I'm hoping someone versed on the EVO has a work-around.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

By the way, I just checked with Google calendar on the pc - you can create multiple calendars per account. So you should be able to create a "sports" calendar on the same Gmail account...

On the left pane - look at "my calendars" and there's an "add" link to do that.

EDIT - I guess you understand that already.. forget about what I wrote...LOL

5. 99980000

That's exactly what I am going to have to do... THANKS!!