• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root creating a custom rom to make the citrus decent

shaunjohn

May 29, 2011
Philadelphia
im gonna attempt to make a decent rom for the citrus, as its the only phone i currently own that does me no good, i need the recovery to get started if anyone wants to help that has knowledge i could most likely get a citrus for them for testing, i figured why let a phone suck, like the wii for example was ok with wii sports and an occasional rental or buy, but until it was modded it wasn't living up to its potential, i got some nice phones, but id like to do something with a have not phone cause i know there are people stuck with a citrus and wanna enjoy some of the things custom roms provide

im gonna attempt to make a decent rom for the citrus, as its the only phone i currently own that does me no good, i need the recovery to get started if anyone wants to help that has knowledge i could most likely get a citrus for them for testing, i figured why let a phone suck, like the wii for example was ok with wii sports and an occasional rental or buy, but until it was modded it wasn't living up to its potential, i got some nice phones, but id like to do something with a have not phone cause i know there are people stuck with a citrus and wanna enjoy some of the things custom roms provide

Please do man, I would love you im stuck with it, and my biggest thing is it needs to be OC'ed because its so damn slow.

Upvote 0
I'm using the Citrus as a backup phone until I'm up for an upgrade. Coming from a Droid X this thing is downright annoying. I already rooted it and have removed the junk that was pre-installed. It's kind of disappointing to see that no one has come up with a rom for this thing. If I has more programming knowledge I would be more than happy to try something. All I need is something simple, blur-less and still capable of doing what I want. This thing isn't all that capable to begin with, but being able to load a custom ROM would be somewhat of a plus.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones