• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Creating a folder

I have figured out how to create a folder on my homescreen but for the life of me can't figure how to change the name of the folder or how to add shortcuts to different programs into a folder. Help will be much appreciated :thinking:

Took me ages to work this out, and I'd have given my left 'gland' for someone to post a solution on here, so here we go:

Open the folder, press and hold the box title and another box comes up that lets you change the name. :cool:

Reactions: DjLukeW and eteyen1
Upvote 0
thanks Steven, and then how do I add things into the folder?

As explained above, add the shortcut to the homescreen of what you want in the folder. Long press on the shortcut and drag it onto the folder. The folder image will "open" and the shortcut will then be in that folder.

Now, changing the icon of the folder is another thing, no-one knows how to do that without using FolderOrganiser.

I couldn't find out how to change the name either:
http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/110630-folders-rename-them.html

Reactions: Inno
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones