Root Creating a nandroid backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Veregund, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Veregund

Veregund Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been asked - I couldn't find what I was looking for by searching the forums.

I'm trying to "jump on the ROM train," and I recently just rooted my phone. I created a flash, reverting back to 2.0.1, and installed the Update.zip in recovery mode (meaning of course that I'm now rooted, with "SuperUser Permission" in my application list.

I am now trying to create a nandroid backup, but am having some troubles. I have been following "DroidReview's" youtube video on doing this (YouTube - Motorola DROID - How to Create a Nandroid Backup - Part 1), but I'm stuck on the part in DroidRootHelper where I am to select "Mount mtdblock4." More specifically, this option doesn't exist in my DroidRootHelper application! Any suggestions? I'm guessing that this youtube video is just old, and DroidRootHelper has been changed or updated. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    VIP Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    To make a Nandroid backup, you should have SPRecovery installed. Since you installed the update.zip in recovery mode, you obviously have SPRecovery installed, so boot into recovery, then go to Nandroid and do a simple Nandroid backup

(sorry if the instructions are not exact, as I have not used SPR in a very very long time).

3. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chi-Town
    Get ROM Manager and flash clockwork or spr.