Creating a new ODIN backup

Last Updated:

1. SoulCreator

SoulCreator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After countless calls to t-mobile I have *FINALLY* received my update, which means now that I've got the updated kernel I'm ready to upgrade to BH_MAN's rom... But of course if something goes wrong I'd hate to ODIN back to a buggy system.

So my question is this: can anyone instruct me on the process of creating a new ODIN file on a system with the updates? Because unless the process is way over my head I'd really love to give it a shot.

Advertisement
  2. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member Developer

I'm working on a separate post to do exactly that. I'll be needing a dumped ROM from the first part of my instructions to test before I post the second part - installing.

Stay tuned.

3. SoulCreator

I don't think the original download link still works, but I've got the system dump paul89 made a few days ago... Let me know if you need it.

4. Nu11u5

I believe that Paul89's system dump was just a straight file copy of the /system directory. I would prefer a complete dump of the chip that stores that directory itself.

If you know how to set up ADB I can walk you through the dump process. Its simple and safe.

Do you currently have root on your phone? If not that's ok - I'm actually looking to get an unmodified/unrooted dump first.

5. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

I might be able to help, I have 2x B2s right now:

My real one: updated, rooted and many apps deleted

A replacement: from the factory, not updated, not even booted yet.

I'll do whatever I can to help. I can even try to force the update if that helps.

6. SoulCreator

I've got GDE running on a updated, unmodified system (aka no root)... If I run a hard reset it will be 100% stock with updates.

Edit: I just responded to your PM, I'll get down to business when I get back later in the evening.

Also I've got ADB up and running, so let me know what you need me to do.

7. Nu11u5

I may send you a link for files as a secondary test for the flashing process after I test on mine.

chadmd23 likes this.
  8. Nu11u5