creating a shortcut for 1 group in contacts?Support

Last Updated:

1. marauder13

marauder13 New Member This Topic's Starter

Is is possible to create a shortcut to or even a folder that contains only one "group" from contacts? For example a shortcut to "family" or "co-workers". Or a folder with only your "friends" group? The add to home shortcut screen does not offer this option.

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Two ways I found to do this.

I am using a different phone than you, so if you dont have these options, I apologize.

First is long press your home screen and select folders. Select favorites.
    So if you've already selected certain contact as your favorites, you'll have them in this folder.

Another way is also long press home screen and select folders, then new folder. Then select all the contacts you want as shorcuts, and drag them into that folder.

Hope this helps.

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

On the Eris, I believe that this folder is called "Starred", not "Favorites".

It takes up a lot more space than a folder, but you can also do this with the HTC widget called "People". Add that to a home screen, and it will let you select the group (which you can set up either in gmail contacts or on the phone) that you want to include in that widget.

cableguynoe likes this.
  4. topgazza

topgazza Active Member

I have a similar issue. On my HTC desire i had a shortcut which took me to my HTC people...on my new HTC Desire HD I can't seem to replicate that simple shortcut...its not in the shortcut list and doing the People thing give me a page full of contacts...not a shortcut...just had 18 hour working day so maybe I'm a bit tired but any advice appreciated

5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

You may want to ask this in the Desire HD forum rather than here in the Eris forum.

HTC Desire HD - Android Forums

6. topgazza

topgazza Active Member

DOH!

Sorry guys...didn't double check....