Creating a shortcut of a documentTips

1. Alleyoop11

Alleyoop11 Active Member

I have a document I sometimes need to access quickly, but it's on my sd card and can be inconvenient delay to find. It reads with Polaris Office Viewer. Can I create a Widget or an Icon or shortcut that will place it on one of my Home screens?

Advertisement
    :
  2. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Download desktop Visualizer. That will allow you to create a widget that will open a file directly. When setting the widget, you just need to choose other, then select your file Explorer app, then find the file you need to open all the time and select that. You can set the icon with whatever image you want
  3. jeeden

jeeden Member

rcaine, LilianTepes and drexappeal like this.
  4. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Nice. I like that. I stopped using Desktop Visualizer a while back, once I started finding other apps that served my needs better.

This one seems like it'll be even better for the OP's needs.
    Alleyoop11 likes this.
  5. LilianTepes

LilianTepes Well-Known Member

6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

If you use already the fine file manager 'ES File Explorer' you'd use it also for creating shortcuts of documents/pictures on your home screen :)

Long press on the doc's file will show check boxes, mark the file's check box, tap on 'More' choose 'Add to desktop' ... voila.
  7. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Well-Known Member

Really excellent tip.
  8. Alleyoop11

Alleyoop11 Active Member

Excellent, thanks for the tips. I'm trying ES File Explorer, seems to do the job.
    Rather than add an OT post I'll start a separate Document Editor post. :)