Creating an App

Last Updated:

1. etraderint

etraderint Member

Hi Peeps,
    I'm looking to create an app for my website from scratch...where's the best place to start? Bit of a noob when it comes to phones, as I'm a PC man....but you gotta change with the times. So I'm gonna jump in the deep end, and go for it.

What would you guys suggest?
    Any pointers would be appreciated.
    Regards
    Les

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hey there etraderint, first off welcome to the site :)

Secondly, i have moved your thread into the Application Development forum so that a dev can maybe point you in the right direction on where to begin such development :D

hope this helps!
  3. NebulaBytes

NebulaBytes Member

Hello,

First of all - what's your experience as developer? What programming languages do you know?
  4. etraderint

etraderint Member

Sorry Guys, I didn't seem to get a mail about a reply ...I'll checkout my notifcation settings?

Experience as a developer = nil ... I've done Gaming mods, a few gaming tool apps awhile back using VB6, and recently got started on VB.Net.

Languages...mm None profficiently, but can usually find my way around most code by using the wonderful web. I have a university education in electronics, and have built PC's from scratch (can't remember how many...over two hands worth) so what I'm trying to say is...I have played with a few code formats, but you know how it is...if you don't use it, you lose it.

Have installed the Java EE IDE eclipse (juno) but it all seems a bit tempermental, so it's probably me doing it wrong, so thought its best start from scratch...hence I'm here :D
  5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

6. etraderint

etraderint Member

I can't use any software that won't give me 100% control over the app, or run the risk of a copy of it being out there on the ether. Do you not think that the above mentioned software is adequate?
  7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

You will have 100% control of the app you are creating. You are the only one that will have access to the design of your app.

http://beta.appinventor.mit.edu/about/termsofservice.html
  8. etraderint

etraderint Member

Not something I'd like to tempt....

D you not feel the Java EE IDE eclipse (juno) is an acceptable starting point?

Regards
    eTraderint
  9. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

You can keep a backup of your source code on your PC, once its created, it's yours. So if the site were to suddenly shut down shop (which there is basically no chance of happening, there would definitely be plenty of warning) you would still have your apps and data available to you...

eclipse would be the other starting point but is more difficult to learn.
  10. etraderint

etraderint Member

Ok, Thanks....I don't mind difficult, after all ....no pain , no gain.
    Appreciate your help.
  11. MunterMan

MunterMan Member