• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Creating an App

Sorry Guys, I didn't seem to get a mail about a reply ...I'll checkout my notifcation settings?

Experience as a developer = nil ... I've done Gaming mods, a few gaming tool apps awhile back using VB6, and recently got started on VB.Net.

Languages...mm None profficiently, but can usually find my way around most code by using the wonderful web. I have a university education in electronics, and have built PC's from scratch (can't remember how many...over two hands worth) so what I'm trying to say is...I have played with a few code formats, but you know how it is...if you don't use it, you lose it.

Have installed the Java EE IDE eclipse (juno) but it all seems a bit tempermental, so it's probably me doing it wrong, so thought its best start from scratch...hence I'm here :D

Upvote 0
I can't use any software that won't give me 100% control over the app, or run the risk of a copy of it being out there on the ether. Do you not think that the above mentioned software is adequate?
You will have 100% control of the app you are creating. You are the only one that will have access to the design of your app.

The Apps you create

By creating and storing apps on the MIT App Inventor server you represent and warrant that you are the owner and creator of the apps, (ii) that you have the authority to authorize MIT to store the apps on the MIT App Inventor Server and (ii) you will use the apps in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. You, and not MIT, are solely responsible for your apps and your use of them.

MIT has no proprietary rights in the apps you create with MIT App Inventor. These apps belong to you. Your apps are stored on the MIT App Inventor server. You have the right to download your apps and delete them from the server at any time. If you delete an app, MIT does not have the ability to restore it, so we suggest that you maintain backup copies of valuable apps at places besides the MIT App Inventor server. MIT will strive to keep your apps and your account accessible to you for as long as you wish, but we have no obligation to do so, and MIT has no liability for the consequences of the service becoming unavailable or your apps becoming unavailable.

http://beta.appinventor.mit.edu/about/termsofservice.html

Upvote 0
Not something I'd like to tempt....

D you not feel the Java EE IDE eclipse (juno) is an acceptable starting point?

Regards
eTraderint

You can keep a backup of your source code on your PC, once its created, it's yours. So if the site were to suddenly shut down shop (which there is basically no chance of happening, there would definitely be plenty of warning) you would still have your apps and data available to you...

eclipse would be the other starting point but is more difficult to learn.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones