Creating Calendar Events using Google NowGeneral

1. MCJ

MCJ Member

I have a question regarding creating Events in my Calendar using Google Now on my new Android Maxx (Love it!)

I use the phone for both personal and business use. When I create an event, it creates it under my personal Google account.

The problem is two-fold:
    1. Is there a way to open the event in the Calander and specify/switch the Calendar you want it sync'd with? The only way I found to resolve this is to open the settings in Google Now and switch to my work account before setting the event using Google Now.

2. The other problem is that my work account has multiple calendars (i.e Personal, Projects, Vacation, etc) When I use my work account, it stores the Event under my Personal Work Calendar. I need the event to show under the Projects Calendar. Is there a way to specify this if selecting the account in settings is the only option OR can it be changed from the Personal Work Calendar to the Projects Calendar after the Event has been created?

I apologize if this is confusing.

Thanks in advance,
    MCJ

Advertisement
  2. MCJ

MCJ Member

Wow, no replies in 4 days. Looks like I have a stumper. I expect this means there's no work around for this issue.

MCJ
  3. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

which phone are you using? I'll move your question to its forum and perhaps someone else will happen into it.

... Thom
  4. MCJ

MCJ Member

It's the new Motorola Droid Max.
  5. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Good luck.

... Thom
  6. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

I perfectly understand your question. I think you're stuck with default, because frankly, I can't even switch an event I've created from one calendar to another under my one account, just in day to day (touch) usage on my phone.
  7. Kevin-B

Kevin-B Well-Known Member

I agree. I seem to be able to create the event on a calendar of my choice, but cannot change it after that. Maybe I'm overlooking something.
  8. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

I'm positive that this is a function that this function has worked on past devices because I've used it before. It doesn't seem possible on our Maxx though. I even downloaded the "Google Calendar" app from the Play Store and it's the same as the stock calendar app. No dice.:confused:
  9. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

You can change a calendar on the Google Calendar full desktop site. You can enter that on Google Calendar on Chrome on the phone.

Terribly crappy way to do that, so I just enter events the old-fashioned way, where I control everything. I used to use an app called Quick Event on my last phone so I could do natural language event entry ("Appointment with Brad tomorrow noon at Satarbucks") but that app force closes at start on the Maxx.
  10. Kevin-B

Kevin-B Well-Known Member

Good reminder Doogaid. However, for those of us who use outlook exchange calendar for our office calendar, it doesn't appear on the desktop calendar. It's only merged on the phone. At least, that's the way it is for me. This means that the ability to change between office and personal calendars would have to be achievable on the phone.

(FWIW: on my recently deceased Galaxy Nexus, I couldn't change calendars after creating the event, either.)