• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Creating Folders

Hello htdx02 and welcome to Android Forums. You can create a folder in two different ways. One it to connect your your phone to your pc via the usb charge/data cable. Having the phone set to not charge will cause it to show up as a removable device/drive on your pc. Using he pc local browser you can then maneuver to your internal storage and your sd storage. You can then create a folder just as you would on your pc. The other method, which most prefer, will be to get a file manager from the google play store. There are many to choose from. I use Astro though it's not likely any better than another. You can then view and manage your files on your phone while on your phone. Using this file manager you can create folders as well. I hope this helps. Thanks for joining our community. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Reactions: htdx02
Upvote 0
Hello htdx02 and welcome to Android Forums. You can create a folder in two different ways. One it to connect your your phone to your pc via the usb charge/data cable. Having the phone set to not charge will cause it to show up as a removable device/drive on your pc. Using he pc local browser you can then maneuver to your internal storage and your sd storage. You can then create a folder just as you would on your pc. The other method, which most prefer, will be to get a file manager from the google play store. There are many to choose from. I use Astro though it's not likely any better than another. You can then view and manage your files on your phone while on your phone. Using this file manager you can create folders as well. I hope this helps. Thanks for joining our community. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Thanks for the help.

Is there any way I can sort the apps in the main menu? By default they seem to get sorted in alphabetic order but can I sort them the way I want like you can in a Samsung galaxy s2?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help.

Is there any way I can sort the apps in the main menu? By default they seem to get sorted in alphabetic order but can I sort them the way I want like you can in a Samsung galaxy s2?

Not that I'm aware of htdx02. The idea is to place an app widget or shortcut out on one of your screens for the apps that you use often.
For those that you don't use often of at all they stay in the all app drawer in alpha as you noted for ease of locating.

I take a screen and put all of my social shortcuts on it. Another I put all of my utilities etc. In that way I have the apps I use most often organized. They still remain in the all app drawer along with the apps that I'll never use as well.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Not that I'm aware of htdx02. The idea is to place an app widget or shortcut out on one of your screens for the apps that you use often.
For those that you don't use often of at all they stay in the all app drawer in alpha as you noted for ease of locating.

I take a screen and put all of my social shortcuts on it. Another I put all of my utilities etc. In that way I have the apps I use most often organized. They still remain in the all app drawer along with the apps that I'll never use as well.

I hope this helps.

Thanks again. You've been a great help.

If you don't mind I'd like to pick your brains a little bit more (just switched over from ios so a bit confused). I downloaded the es file manager on someone' s advice and I can't seem to find my music collection on the sd card I.e when I go from media->audio there's nothing there. Is that normal or has the music somehow been downloaded to the internal memory (I downloaded the music via HTC sync manager).

Apologies for any trouble caused.

Upvote 0
You have caused zero problem. I hope you enjoy your Android device. I've never used an ios based phone but I'm sure there is a learning curve. We are here to help one another.. that's what these forums are for.

As for your music. Android enjoys your music in a folder called music. You can use the music directory that's likely on your phone storage and/or create a music folder on your SD card. Placing your tunes there or in folders beneath the music folder is what you want. The players by default will search the music folder for your tunes.
I've not used the sync software you mentioned. I just ported my tunes over from my PC via the USB communication cable with the phone set in mass storage mode.
Look for a music folder and see if your tunes are there. If not, just look about for them... I wish I had a clue as to where they might be. Once you find them, if they were synced, just move them to a music folder and all should be good. Again, I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
You have caused zero problem. I hope you enjoy your Android device. I've never used an ios based phone but I'm sure there is a learning curve. We are here to help one another.. that's what these forums are for.

As for your music. Android enjoys your music in a folder called music. You can use the music directory that's likely on your phone storage and/or create a music folder on your SD card. Placing your tunes there or in folders beneath the music folder is what you want. The players by default will search the music folder for your tunes.
I've not used the sync software you mentioned. I just ported my tunes over from my PC via the USB communication cable with the phone set in mass storage mode.
Look for a music folder and see if your tunes are there. If not, just look about for them... I wish I had a clue as to where they might be. Once you find them, if they were synced, just move them to a music folder and all should be good. Again, I hope this helps.

I can find my music all right but am I to assume that when the music is transferred it moves to the es card and not the internal Memory?

Upvote 0
I can find my music all right but am I to assume that when the music is transferred it moves to the es card and not the internal Memory?

I can't honestly say... sorry. I've never used a sync software to manage my tunes. I would think by default it would sync with a phone internal storage area for some may not have a SD card.... but I'm not knowing.

I've always copied my music files over to my SD card. Placing them in a created music folder. I love music and listen daily via BT headsets. I've created different libraries on my PC and just load this one or that to my phone to change up my listening.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones