• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Creating, naming and placing apps into a FOLDER

splash104

Jun 3, 2011
I have been searching here about folders and other stuff etc but I can't find how to CREATE a folder. I've got quite a few apps now on my home screen and want to add a folder, rename it and put it on the home screen so I can place all the relating apps to that folder. Can I create multiple folders too?

If you hold on the home screen until the personalise menu comes up, and then choose "folder" then "new folder", it places the folder on your home screen. Tap the folder to open, then holds on the title to rename. Then just drag apps from the app drawer like you would to make a shortcut, but drop them in the folder instead of an empty space.
That should be all you need. If you need any more help please ask, might not have been the clearest instructions!
By the way, I now use folder organiser, found it much easier and lets you use custom icons too.

Upvote 0
If you hold on the home screen until the personalise menu comes up, and then choose "folder" then "new folder", it places the folder on your home screen. Tap the folder to open, then holds on the title to rename. Then just drag apps from the app drawer like you would to make a shortcut, but drop them in the folder instead of an empty space.
That should be all you need. If you need any more help please ask, might not have been the clearest instructions!
By the way, I now use folder organiser, found it much easier and lets you use custom icons too.

Yup, that's all I wanted :)

Actually I have been a heavy user of iphone in the past and just switched recently to Android so didn't think different tasks could be this easy :p.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones