• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Credentials Storage Password???

emsflyer84

Lurker
Oct 7, 2011
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have an Incredible that I absolutely love, but I have started to have a little issue recently when I try to connect to my WiFi at work. We have a secured network that I have been able to connect to for the last 6 months with no problem at all. I put in the password, asked the phone to remember the network, and every time I walked in the door, it connected automatically. The last couple of weeks I have noticed that my phone wasn't connecting. I would go into the settings under Wireless Networks, manually select the network, and it would ask me to enter the Credentials Storage Password". I dodn't remember ever setting one, so i entered a password I use for a lot of other things and it worked. It then let me connect to the network. Fine. I've already gone into the Security settings in the phone and turned off the "Use Credentials" option, but it is still asking me for that password.

The problem is that now, every day when I show up to work, it asks me for the "Credentials Storage Password" again. I can enter it, and it will connect, but it is a pain to have to put the password in every day. It connects to all my other networks automatically without needing this password. Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones