Creeking 2150 battery door cover...Accessories

Last Updated:

1. 5150Marley

5150Marley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have the 2150 battery and felt a give/ noise in the case on the back door.

I felt a sizable give and a click sound on the right toward the bottom of the phone when I hold it in my left hand.

Also another question... how many peoples 2150 battery has a little play when installed?? Or its is snug??

Advertisement
  2. DustinF00

DustinF00 Well-Known Member

Very snug and tiny, tiny - hardly noticeable movement on the door. barely there.

3. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member

My cover is also snug.

4. teufeltexan

teufeltexan Well-Known Member

Mine was fine from the factory -right up until I cartwheeled it across the living room and into the brick hearth 2 days ago... :/

No major damage, but I inherited a noticeable creak on the right side... (it was a HARD hit on the brick, really surprised I didn't shatter the phone...)

Ran a single strip of black electrical tape down the inside of the battery cover, just above where the tabs lock in. problem solved and the cover fits like new. It's totally invisible from the outside and pretty much impossible to notice even with the cover off.

Might work for you...

5. 5150Marley

5150Marley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

\New cover seems fine... battery seem tighter too.

The amazing part is that I ordered the replacement battery/ cover on thurs night around 4:30 PST..

I got it on Fri and was amazed that it got here so quick from Texas.