1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Cricket Mybackup please help!

1. ZephG

ZephG Member

Please, does anyone know where I can find the mybackup.apk app? I just recently upgraded to the froyo mod. Please help, I need my contacts!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Babyninjette19

Babyninjette19 New Member

Im pretty much having the ssme problem. I had to completly reset my (cricket) samsung indulge :joyman:(stuck on samsung screen) and assumed since the mybackup app came with the fone when i bought it that it would still be there. well it isnt. i have tried everything. looked it the (cricket) "storefront" app for it, no where to be found. I tried the "myaccount" app and the "cricketmobilebrowser" (they have same stuff just a couple more options when trying to search) but that didnt work either. and it is no where to be found in the androidmarket/googleplaystore either.:hmmmm2: I went to mycricket.com read all the tech support stuff no help there. i called 1800cricket told them my problem the guy kept telling me to go to the "cricket clicks" app or "look under "games& apps...the under 'cool apps' to find it" which is not nor has ever been on my fone; not b4 the gingerbread upgrade, not when i purchased it, it was never there. im sure he just thought i was an idiot and couldnt find it.:banghead: (i calld samsung when i had reset it)---> anyway he then asks me if they had me call this#-->(228) after they had me reset my fone. they hadnt told me that so guy said i needed to call it to get the fone activated again, i did that even tho it was workn b4 and made no difference after.:motz: i called cricket support back let them know i still cant find the damn app. SO SORRY I HAD TO DRAG THIS OUT SO LONG (just wish i could have found something this detailed when i was searching around for solutions so that i didnt have to go thru all that mess) ---->SOLUTION<---->->-> APARENTLY you have to go to an official cricket store and have them reinstall the app for you.:shot:

im headed the tomorrow since this seems to b my last and only option
    i will update if while im there im informed of an easier way or if i discover one in the mean time:dontknow:

again sorry to drag this on
    hope this helps
  3. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

You should have your contacts sync to your Google account and you won't need any app even if you change phones. You can also just save your contacts to the SD card. Not sure what the advantage of the app is unless you want to save your texts or something. God luck at the Cricket store, hopefully you won't just get a blank stare when you tell them what you want lol.

Btw, I didn't know the Indulge got updated to Gingerbread. That's cool!
  4. reggjoo

reggjoo Well-Known Member

That app serves no real useful purpose, just a way to tell you to pay your bill. They even send you sms's, which annoy the hell outta me.
  5. NeoRage

NeoRage Member

It be nice to have for some of us that changed our roms midway through using our phones. For some reason google hasn't backup all my contacts that cricket has. It be nice if someone know a way to get this on rom'ed phones just for the purpose of not having to add missing contacts from cricket to google. (i'm in the hundreds so it would take a hot minute to go through them all)

Does anyone know if this is doable or even possible, i don't feel like visiting the store with my modded phone. They seem to look down on that lol.