• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cricket unlock policy changing to 6 months in Dec

dstephe9

Sep 22, 2013
In December the cricket unlock policy changes from 4 months to 6.. Keep this in mind if you join cricket.. Any phones purchased before then remain on the 4 month policy.. This might be important for those planning to travel over spring break or something and need your phone unlocked if going out of the country

Also just good to know so your not surprised lol

Reactions: DonB
Great I was meaning to come back and post the link.. I made this thread from my phone and wasn't able to find it when I made the thread haha

Cricket still has the best unlock policy of most prepaid companies!! Of course you can always pay $5 -$10 bucks and have someone on eBay unlock it for you if something comes up..

But free is always better!!

Upvote 0
Great I was meaning to come back and post the link.. I made this thread from my phone and wasn't able to find it when I made the thread haha

Cricket still has the best unlock policy of most prepaid companies!! Of course you can always pay $5 -$10 bucks and have someone on eBay unlock it for you if something comes up..

But free is always better!!

So does that mean if somebody buys a new cricket phone, which is ineligible for unlocking bootloader, that after the four months time that phone will become eligible to be unlocked? I only ask because just bought the cricket moto g, totally ignorant to the fact that it was ineligible to be unlocked. I have always had root and custom backup on my cricket phones, and can still return it within the seven days for a new phone.
Sorry first post, forgive my lack of knowledge and wisdom but any advice or knowledge thrown my way would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0
So does that mean if somebody buys a new cricket phone, which is ineligible for unlocking bootloader, that after the four months time that phone will become eligible to be unlocked? I only ask because just bought the cricket moto g, totally ignorant to the fact that it was ineligible to be unlocked. I have always had root and custom backup on my cricket phones, and can still return it within the seven days for a new phone.
Sorry first post, forgive my lack of knowledge and wisdom but any advice or knowledge thrown my way would be much appreciated.
They are referring to unlocking for use on a different carrier. I haven't been following the Moto G for Cricket, you should check the Moto G section, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least a root method for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones