Crocodile keyboard

Last Updated:

1. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I like the idea of this but the reviews are not too hot. Maybe worth a look after update.

3. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just answered my own question (after finding out that you can get a refund on purchased apps - first time paying for one!)

I downloaded and installed it and I've now uninstalled it for a refund. On the plus side the landscape keyboard is now included with auto switching. On the negative side the portrait keyboard has unusably small keys (and I've got quite slim fingers and type with my index finger tip). My accuracy was actually much worse (portrait or landscape) than with the standard qwerty keyboard. There also didn't appear to be any of the long-press 'function' type options you get with the standard keybpard. I don't think there's any haptic feedback or predictive text either - and I find this very useful (however I didn't play with settings - these may be options not switched on by default).

So all in all a good idea which hopefully might be improved with updates but I can't see any way to make the portrait keys bigger and this is a deal breaker for me (I use portrait all the time).

4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

According to the reviews no auto correct for spelling which is why I got no further.

5. Dealy Lama

Dealy Lama New Member

I think they've shot themselves in the foot by asking for