Cross talk coming soonGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Kazp3r

Kazp3r Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Smells to me like its another replacement program. I highly doubt that you can sit on "CrossTalk" and the blackberry user can sit on BBM and talk to each other. Just another program that you have to have downloaded on both sides to use.

3. Kazp3r

Kazp3r Active Member This Topic's Starter

hope not, its still in development we'll see what happens when they drop the beta

4. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Blackberry has locked down BBM pretty well. The only way I think they would ever have an attempt at doing this is if they knew how/where BBM's get transmitted from. If they somehow were able to intercept the bbm on the network, and reroute it to another location, they could create a web based messaging service to do it. I dont think they have those details...I dont think anyone does, besides the guy who created the source and a few select bb employees I bet.

Its the only thing REALLY keeping them a float above other smartphone competition.

5. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

not sure when it will be released, as stated by the developer. because they are focusing on biolock

6. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

It is 100% possible, i am doing a form of this right now for a client.

The project entails allowing the admin (my client) to sit on his computer and type a message into a website textbox, which is then sent to a server, and in turn sent to a list of clients who have installed his blackberry app that we built. The devices are located by PIN number (which is also what bbm uses)

So i know for a fact its possible to go from server to blackberry PIN number, what i dont know is if it can go from bb PIN to the website, and in turn parsed to a new messenger client.

I have to assume its 100% possible based on what i know has been done.