Crossing fingers wont regret leaving IphoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Lamarak

Lamarak Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well bought my phone 5/19 at a verizon store after playing with it awhile. Iphone been the only so called advanced phone ever used. The android system seems a bit overwhelming, but tired of ATT and apples heavy handed way of things. I dont mind the wait for the phone, using an old blackjack 2 pre paid till it comes i. Guess this will be around 6/13 or so.

Ill admit Im nervous leaving something I know to Android. Will I enjoy this if I dont root ( or jailbreak in iphone terms?). Never been a fan of doing anything to my phone that could hinder my warranty or getting help from the tech people of the phone. Im not the most tech savvy person. Ill keep reading these forums and ones like ti to try to learn. Any hints or tips be great.. Thank you

Also, how nice does android play with Mac-book Pro? My 2 laptops are both macs, but do have boot-camp on one if its needed for this phone.

Advertisement
  2. DevHead

DevHead Well-Known Member

Don't worry, you'll do just fine with the Incredible. Give it some time to grow on you. And if it doesn't, well there's always the iPhone.

As for compatibility with your MBP, I'll let others chime in.

And oh, welcome to the DROID family.

3. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

I had no understanding of Android before I got the Incredible and now I can't put it down. Admittedly I was waiting for Verizon to get the iPhone, but after using the Incredible at the store for a while I was sold on it. The Android OS is a VERY capable phone OS. Fear not, I have seen personally the jealous iPhone users.

4. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

I am not the best person to give an opinion on root as I have not rooted anything and most likely never will. That said, you have a lot more "user configurable" options with this phone than what you are used to. So in my opinion fwiw, I would think you would enjoy it without root.

I am sure many others with root experience will chime in and be able to answer your questions.

Not a MAC guy so can't help with your computer/phone relationship questions!

Good Luck!

5. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

6. sl0wd0wn

sl0wd0wn Member

I was using a jailbroken iPhone 3G prior to switching to the Incredible. I've never looked back. Off the top of my head, there's nothing I could do with the iPhone that I can't do with this phone.

7. xmnj

xmnj Active Member

You should not have a problem moving over, I'm in the process myself, just waiting for the Inc.

I would do a search regarding software that can be used to sync iTunes, if you do use it, or you can just simply drag and drop the non-DRM songs.

Lamarak likes this.
  8. gorenut

gorenut Well-Known Member

I was also one on the boat of waiting for Verizon to get the iPhone.. but I got an incredible deal on the Incredible so I went for it. To me, it all comes down to what you're looking for. Personally, going with any other service other than Verizon was out of the question, so that was priority. Past that, I think you'll be happy that your hard earned money will be going towards purchasing some good hardware. The Android OS can definitely be a lil daunting at first, but honestly... just sitting down for a few hours with it and things will become second nature after the first day. Its just great to know that you can pretty much get your phone to do anything you want with the right apps.

As far as play nice with your Mac.. well, I run an iMac at home and there hasn't been any issues with the two pairing. If anything, as far as I know.. you get even MORE options to have the two interact together. No iTunes to sync anything. Instead, you can get AppBrain which'll let you pretty much browse what apps you want on your computer and have it installed from there... when you turn on your phone.. it'll install as if you found it in the Android market. Also, if you get DropBox, you can move files back and forth like they're on the same server. Drop a file from your computer into the DropBox folder and it'll magically appear in your phone.

Lamarak likes this.
  9. moodydood

moodydood Member

you should have no problems with your macs, i sync mine to a macbook pro, and the only thing you need is Salling Media Sync to handle your itunes needs, and it's all plug and play.
    having used both, i find the incredible much more of a phone, once you start using the sense UI you start to wonder why you thought the apple UI was so amazing. Sense UI and the use of widgets is more akin to OSX then apples iphone UI.
    i'm very happy with my incredible.

Lamarak likes this.
  10. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I just love it when my iPhone friends look upon my Droid with envy :D

11. TonyG916

TonyG916 Well-Known Member

itunes agent is what i used to sync my gf's itune music to my incredible

12. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

where does one find itunes agent? did a search in the market and it came up empty. and how does it work? it's my first android device and I have always only had itunes and an ipod for music.

13. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

My advice; give it a chance.
    Get to know it. Do some searches and reading here. Once you see the possibilities you will wonder what was so great about the iphone.
    I've seen too many arguments for the iphone against the inc and others that prove that particular iphone user was clueless to anything but the iphone.

14. Lev16

Lev16 Well-Known Member

I'm a mac guy and LOVE my mbp. You will have zero issues switching. Check out doubletwist if you want something to import from itunes and even give you somewhat of of an itunes UI.