• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Crud. Screen scratched

Jevid

Nov 11, 2009
After three weeks of very careful use, my Eris has a small (but annoying) scratch on the screen. When the background behind the scratch is white, it gets shimmery and prismatic looking. Shoot. Wasn't going to get a screen protector but probably will now to hide the scratch :(

Sorry to hear that, but thanks a least you have convinced me now that i do need a screen protector.

Yeah, figured I would post just to say "scratch happens." I ordered some cheap ones off Ebay, we'll see how they are. Really don't like using screen protectors, but if I already have one scratch after three weeks, I hate to think what six month's will look like :) I've done some searching and it looks like people successfully remove scratches from iPhone screens - but they are glass. Does the Eris have a glass screen? Seems to me that it does.

Thanks -

Oh, and "prismatic," I'm pretty sure I just made it up, I don't know, seemed better than saying "all prismy" ;)

Upvote 0
I just saw this post at Howard Forums. Somebody emailed HTC asking if the screen was glass or plastic and this was the response:

Thanks for contacting HTC Email Technical Support regarding your if the Droid Erise has Glass in on the touch screen.....

No it doesn't on the touch screen - that is a certain type of plastic. But i will tell you that the device does have glass below that at some point. There are a few different laters of polymers before you get to the glass.

So, I wonder if any of the products sold to get scratches off of plastic would work on the Eris screen?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones