Crud. Screen scratchedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Jevid

Jevid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After three weeks of very careful use, my Eris has a small (but annoying) scratch on the screen. When the background behind the scratch is white, it gets shimmery and prismatic looking. Shoot. Wasn't going to get a screen protector but probably will now to hide the scratch :(

Advertisement
  2. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

film screens ftw.

3. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Prismatic...running to get my dictionary...

Yeah man, you really do need a screen protector, even if it's only a cheap "Ebay special" like I got (5 for $3.99, can't beat it).

4. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

prismatic: (v) the art of describing something that invokes the use of the word "prisms"

5. Wolfdroid

Wolfdroid Active Member

Sorry to hear that, but thanks a least you have convinced me now that i do need a screen protector.

6. Jevid

Yeah, figured I would post just to say "scratch happens." I ordered some cheap ones off Ebay, we'll see how they are. Really don't like using screen protectors, but if I already have one scratch after three weeks, I hate to think what six month's will look like :) I've done some searching and it looks like people successfully remove scratches from iPhone screens - but they are glass. Does the Eris have a glass screen? Seems to me that it does.

Thanks -

Oh, and "prismatic," I'm pretty sure I just made it up, I don't know, seemed better than saying "all prismy" ;)

7. Jevid

I just saw this post at Howard Forums. Somebody emailed HTC asking if the screen was glass or plastic and this was the response:

Thanks for contacting HTC Email Technical Support regarding your if the Droid Erise has Glass in on the touch screen.....

No it doesn't on the touch screen - that is a certain type of plastic. But i will tell you that the device does have glass below that at some point. There are a few different laters of polymers before you get to the glass.

So, I wonder if any of the products sold to get scratches off of plastic would work on the Eris screen?