1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Cruz Reader R101 ROM Installation

1. rhunley

rhunley New Member

I hope this is the right place for this post.

:) History: I have some experience with a AT&T Galaxy S Samsung Captivate that I am using happily rooted and upgraded to Froyo. I am now trying to develop an application on an inexpensive Android Tablet and have thus chosen the VM Cruz Reader R101. I have the Cruz Reader working rooted, with the Google App Market, etc. but have learned that I need to use the app2sd.sh since there is no Android 2.2 allowing me to install my app on the card instead of the very limited internal 256M of memory.

:mad: The issue: I cannot get to the menu to install a new ROM. I follow the steps exactly, but can only get to the VOL+/POWER step and never to the menu or status bar. It keeps looping between a white screen, the Cruz logo, and a black screen as long as I hold the 2 buttons.

:confused: Cause?: I am suspecting it has something to do with the ROM Manager I installed (there is no appropriate phone in their listing so I dropped it). I do not know much about the Clockwork Recovery, but suspect this is why the hard boot recovery won't work for me either.

Attempts: I also tried to install the Vanilla ROM, but since I can't get to the menu, I can't install ANY ROM!

Any help would be appreciated, even pointing me to a different resource if I am posting in the wrong place. I searched and couldn't find anything to help.

Thanks,

Advertisement
    :
  2. TriMoot

TriMoot New Member

I just bought the Velocity Micro Cruz 7 from Woot and am looking to mod it. Have you had any further luck?
    Thanks.