• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help CSC:Unknown

Hi all,
I recently re-flashed Froyo JP7 to my phone using Odin but since then I can't download from the Android Market but can from the Samsung apps market.
After doing a *#1234# it shows:
PDA:I9000XFJP7
PHONE:I9000XXJPP
CSC:Unknown

I presume CSC should say something other than this?

I'm on Vodafone in Ireland are these versions correct?

Kies doesn't seem to recognise my firmware version either...

That's because that rom file you downloaded only contained the PDA and the Phone file for some odd reason. Usually most roms contain either 1 or 3 file. In the case of a single file, both the phone and CSC files are packaged into the PDA file. But this odd ball JP7 is missing the CSC file.

Here's a simple explanation of what CSC is:
CSC is country specific code. It's some app as well as settings for 3G network providers and things like that. However, as of now only russian and region independent CSCs are available with the newer ROMs. In order to get internet on your phone in china you'll have to enter the APN manually. Info like that varies per provider and its easily found using google. [Source: Darkstriker@XDA]

Now here's the fun bit. You don't need to reflash your phone or PDA file just to get the CSC file. The 3 of them are independent, so flashing a CSC file won't wipe your phone either.

Here's a CSC file from XXJPU. Flash it in Odin in the CSC slot. NO pit file, NO repartition and no any other files. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13986183/GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJPU.tar.md5

Reactions: camevad
Upvote 0
That's because that rom file you downloaded only contained the PDA and the Phone file for some odd reason. Usually most roms contain either 1 or 3 file. In the case of a single file, both the phone and CSC files are packaged into the PDA file. But this odd ball JP7 is missing the CSC file.

Here's a simple explanation of what CSC is:
CSC is country specific code. It's some app as well as settings for 3G network providers and things like that. However, as of now only russian and region independent CSCs are available with the newer ROMs. In order to get internet on your phone in china you'll have to enter the APN manually. Info like that varies per provider and its easily found using google. [Source: Darkstriker@XDA]

Now here's the fun bit. You don't need to reflash your phone or PDA file just to get the CSC file. The 3 of them are independent, so flashing a CSC file won't wipe your phone either.

Here's a CSC file from XXJPU. Flash it in Odin in the CSC slot. NO pit file, NO repartition and no any other files. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13986183/GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJPU.tar.md5

Thanks again snapper.fishes,

I didn't want to put this on the end of my other thread as you've helped me me unbrick my phone already and I don't want want to overstay my welcome...

I'll try this later on my PC and if it works then, once again sir, I will be in your debt.

You mention China-have I flashed the wrong ROM for Ireland aswell?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones