Cupcake and Bluetooth?

Last Updated:

1. Rohaq

Rohaq Member This Topic's Starter

I'm considering an Android phone, but I'm a little worried about the restrictions on Bluetooth.

Can someone confirm what's been 'fixed', and what restrictions remain after the Cupcake update? I've seen a lot of mixed information floating around the net.

Advertisement
  2. Rohaq

Rohaq Member This Topic's Starter

Still no file transfers and such? What's the reasoning here? I heard that it was originally due to vulnerabilities in the Bluetooth stack, however haven't those been resolved since? And why remove it from the code altogether, rather than simply adding it and disabling it from standard users, and leaving it to be updated through a later update?

Curses, I really wanted an Android phone too. I use file transfers far more than I have ever used headsets :(

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

for now move them with email attachments definately not a great thing but a workaround through google docs i understand / have heard ...

4. Chicago Dude

Chicago Dude Member

Dam it I want it so freaking bad. Not only do I want it for my interaction with my friends but I have co-worker who are older than me and they are "electronically dumb" so they always ask me to download stuff for them and get the downloaded stuff on their phone. All I did before when I had a Blackberry was download then transfer. Some of them don't have internet on their phones so now their screwed. Oh well....Android isn't perfect :mad:

5. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Bluetooth file sharing is available but only for ROOTED users the app for doing so is called BLUEX Cyrket - Bluetooth Fileshare - Bluex

6. krimitch2000

krimitch2000 New Member

hello there everybody..just bought an xperia and this is pretty new to me..i am having atrouble adding a blue tooth device in my phone i keep on setting the phone in scanning any bluetooth deviced but the cellphone doesn't wanna recognized my headset..

7. Chaddaddadd

Chaddaddadd Member

Is your bluetooth headset in discoverable mode?

Maybe try turning the bluetooth device off and back on again. Do the same with the phone. Just a couple of toughts.