1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Curios question about Droid + Mac

1. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

Alright,

So I've had my Droid since Nov. and my Macbook Pro for almost 2 years. I charge my Droid often via the usb cable. Today while it was plugged in, my Mac acted very funky, and now ceases to work. The screen went odd colors and froze, even forcing me to battery pull. I plan to take it to the Apple store tomorrow (although that may not work out due to the tablet rumors).

Anyway, has anyone else had a problem like this?

Advertisement
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom Well-Known Member

Since the Droid in only recognized by the Mac as a removable drive, I'm guessing it wasn't Droid related. My droid sometimes spontaneously reboots while connected to my MBP, but never the other way around. More than likely, you're Mac just chose that inopportune time to take a dive.
  3. dave412_4

dave412_4 Well-Known Member

Yeah i have been using my moto dorid on my macbook unibody without any problems. I would suggest that you not tell apple it messed up while your droid was connected they might come up with some excuse and blame it on the droid because it's not the iphone.
  4. fireshaper

fireshaper Well-Known Member

Same here, I've had my MacBook unibody for just over a year and my Droid since launch and never has it responded in any fashion other than how it is supposed to. I agree with dave412_4 though, do not tell the tech at the Apple Store that you had your Droid plugged in, your problem sounds like a hardware issue. Were you able to reboot and your MBP work again?
  5. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies,

As of right now the Mac turns on, runs for a bit, then freaks out with some random color banding and freezes up. I can't take it to the genius bar due to the iPad so I have to wait for tomorrow...
  6. andrewrodney

andrewrodney Well-Known Member

I suspect its unrelated to the use of the Droid, I