curiosity with Ziggy Kernel on Myn RLS3

Last Updated:

1. exclamation_mark

exclamation_mark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been experimenting with the three most talked about kernels for Myns RLS3, the stock HTC #10, Kings #11, and Ziggy471. I ran each kernel for a day and did not change anything in regards to settings or apps. I used the phone as I normally would. After flashing the new ROM i did some standard benchmark testing apps and recorded the results, I ran each test back to back and did it five separate times annotating the averages of each.

Here are my results.
    [​IMG]

Now for the curiosity in regards to Ziggy471. I ran this kernel today, towards the end of the day I found my EVO becoming very unstable, slow choppy movements just trying to slide to the left or right. Thinking that it may have a cpu stepping profile or something to that effect I went into 'setcpu' (of which I had not opened or used at all since installing) The first thing I noticed after it finally opened was that the max could only be at 998, no biggie, that's where I run mine anyway. Looking at the scaling though, it was set to "interactive", I usually run conservative so I opened it to change it and was suprised that not only was there no conservative option, but that the only other option was "smarta$$" obviously without the dollar signs.

I guess my question is, WTF?

Advertisement
  2. xefe

xefe Well-Known Member

thanks for the info... all that above is greek to me. However I felt your effort deserved at least a response, regardless of how insignificant it is !

3. rjd728

rjd728 Active Member

Well....this much I can tell you. I started with the stock ROM #10 that came with RLS3 and it seemed pretty darn good overall. Next I tried netarchy-toastmod-4.2.1-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal. This ROM I had issues with the screen pausing intermittently or not filling the entire screen once opening an app. I also had some force closes. To be expected with a Beta Kernel I suppose. I then switched to Ziggy 471 HAVS-BFS #5 this afternoon. Very good benchmark in Quadrant (1325 running interactive in SetCPU - Max 998400). Battery life is yet to be seen.....I will report back on that after a full day of testing. Prior to this I was running Kings #11 CFS Kernel on RLS2 and it was pretty good on battery but was a bit sluggish. So.....I'm still looking for a kernel that is reliable, quick and easy on the battery. There are many more to test....so please post your results so we can narrow the margin. You also need to keep in mind....what works for me may not work for you.