• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Curious about the Winamp wireless synchroization feature.

It means that when your laptop/desktop and your phone is on the same wifi network, Winamp will detect the device and sync your music to it. Basically its the same as plugging in your phone and syncing to transfer the music from your computer to your phone, but its wireless and automatic.

Can I choose which music files to sync?
Also does poweramp have the same feature?

Upvote 0
Yes you can choose, but you set it up on your PC, on Winamp for Windows or Mac, not on your phone. The setting on the phone is just there so that the Winamp program on your computer will detect and sync the phone.

And obviously, since I already said that its done via Winamp for PC, no it won't work with PowerAmp. But Poweramp can read the data synced via Winamp. For example, I have winamp installed but I don't use it for music. Its just there for wireless sync. I use Ubermusic for playing and it is able to use the playlists and music synced from winamp.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones