Curious contact image glitch....Support

Last Updated:

1. syrguy1969

syrguy1969 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am on Virtuous 2.6 ROM and noticed a curious thing going on with my contact images. I have used Handcent since day one with my Incredible and about a week ago the contact images stopped showing for my most often used texting contacts. I have found that new contacts that text me, or some that havent texted much have images showing, but my family (most used) don't. I have tried everything I can think of. I don't think it is the ROM, I have uninstalled Handcent, deleted cache, reinstalled, deleted all conversations, and even tried Chomp....same results.

Any ideas? Is this happening to others?

Thanks for any feedback

Advertisement
  2. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Try turning off the social integration section in handcent. i think that is designed to replace contact images with facebook images. as in, if they dont have a facebook, no picture. other than that, no idea.

3. syrguy1969

Never even went into that part of the settings, but it was on. I never changed it to cause it to have the images and then stop suddenly, but worth a shot...now I need to sit and wait for another text LOL! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll post results.

I wouldn't be so concerned about it, but that is my identifyer at work or driving (I don't text while driving, but it is a good indicator if I need to get to it sooner than later) and kinda instrumental to my entire lock-screen layout!!!

4. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

yeah i know what you mean, hopefully that will do it for you. ill let you know if i think of anything else.

5. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

I use the HTC Sense default messages & I get similar issue...half of my texts don't pull in the contact photos to the main screen listing text conversations. Once I open a thread, everyone's photos are there. Occurred after 2.2.

6. syrguy1969

Thanks for the suggestion NoShftShck16, but no-go!! Still no images. :(

rapidsandroid....Sorry your getting it as well, but I am kinda glad I'm not alone in this. I am thinking it is 2.2 related myself. I posted in the Handcent forums, but no reply or ideas there yet.