Curious if you purchased a extended warranty or assurion planGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Thedarksunlight

Thedarksunlight Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if any of you purchased the extended warranty or the assurion plan from verizon.

I personally felt that I was best not to get the $7.99 a month plus $90 to make a claim. But what did you do or how do you feel about these additions to the plan?

Advertisement
  2. eurotrash323

eurotrash323 Well-Known Member

I've got assurion for $6 a month. I've got my phone bundled with two other phones, DTV, LAN, and Interweb so I honestly don't really notice the charge. It makes me feel a little more comfortable walking around with a $500 device in my pocket.

3. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I don't dare pay for insurance or extended warranty. Thus far in my life, I have never destroyed or lost a phone. As for extended warranty. This thing will be in a drawer or on CL when my year is up. I upgrade every year.

4. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

I too have never lost, broken a phone before. The only problem I have ever had with phones is that they seem to wear out on me before I am ready/able to upgrade. I decided to pay for the insurance for me and my wife's phone. Mainly because we have 3 young children and we let them watch cartoons and play games on the phones to keep them entertained in the doctor's office and other places where children get board very easily. So I know it is just a matter of time before we get a shattered screen.

Also, if you currently don't have insurance and want it you can add it at any time. Verizon requires that you are able to place one phone call before you make a claim.

5. Jayse

Jayse Well-Known Member

I pay the $5 a month insurance program, with the $50 deductible. I have since my first RAZR took a swim in the washing machine 4 years back.

6. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I used to pay insurance each month but after years of never using it I dropped the insurance i dont need the extra 7 a month for something I never use. I usually always keep my phone in my pocket or in a protective case.

7. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Once on my birthday I got thrown in the pool with all my stuff in my pockets including phone, wallet, keys, and ect. I did the rice trick for 2 days then tried turning on my phone no go...so called insurance and got a new phone and I mean new phone not refurbished for 50 dollars so thats why I decided to pay for insurance for my eris, you never know what life will throw at you...
    Just my 2 cents.

8. ChicoFox

ChicoFox Active Member

No insurance or extended warranty for me. I'm curious which way I'll get 2.1 first: OTA or on a new 2.1 phone that I will buy to replace the Eris that I mistakenly thought was a flotation device.

9. byteware

byteware Well-Known Member

I tend to break my cellphones before it's time to buy a new one. So, with the cost of the phones we are using (Droid and Eris) it will be cheaper to have the insurance and pay the copay than to buy a new phone.

(Also, I have 3 kids... ages 2, 4, and 8... they are a terror on our cellphones).

10. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

+1

I might have it over a year.. who knows?

The main thing, though, is that these things are so cheap. Heck, if I lose it, destroy it or give it away to a homeless person or whatever I'll just get another one. It's not like it's a car or a six pack of Guinness.

Guinness I insure to the max... j/k :D

11. karib

karib Well-Known Member

At first I just got the extended warranty. I didn't want to pay $6-8 a month for something I might not need. Then I switched to the Ins because I just wanted the piece of mind that if something happens, it will be covered. I got the $6/month plan. I also have 5 year old twins that play with the phone, so better safe than sorry.

12. jps

jps Well-Known Member

never broke or lost a phone!?AND you upgrade every year!? youre possibly the coolest EVER!

:cool: = you

13. Droid Eris

Droid Eris Member

Its a waste to buy it from Verizon. Its a rep-off...I bought the warranty through Best Buy. One time charge, good for as long as I have the phone.

14. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

being a 17 year old stoner, pardon my french, but shit happens.
    so i have the $7 a month.

15. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Might want to check your plan, the monthly fee and deductible is more on the Eris than it was on your Razr.

I didn't get it at first but then about a month ago my work switched their plan to VZW and anyone with them could enroll for the corporate discount. So I took out the insurance and my monthly bill is still lower with the corp. discount.

16. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Sarcasm at it's best. ;) Let me tell you...people on here have two or more high end phones that they have paid full price for and use them regularly. Now those guys = :cool:

17. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Insurance on a phone is the BIGGEST scam on the planet other than college textbooks man. Don't bother giving them even MORE of your money.

18. hlaalu

hlaalu Well-Known Member

I'm on this as well, I thought it was a mistake at first because I heard everyone else was paying $7, an the fact it said I had a "desire" on the website, but I called and they confirmed I had the insurance.

My RAZR was thrown against a wall :mad: lol