Current Apps with New Droid

Last Updated:

1. Droid503

Droid503 Member This Topic's Starter

I've been listening to a few Android specific podcasts and have heard that there are some developers who are worried about the different screen sizes and new resolutions, and how this may fragment the market. As someone who is new to the Android system (just pre-ordered Droid at BB) I am curious if the screen size of the new Droid will limit the ability to run current and older apps available on the market.

I've been looking for a an answer but haven't read anything that clearly indicates if the new screen size will pose any issues with compatibility. Any thoughts on this?

Advertisement
  2. knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

Some older apps may look a little funny. But Android 2.0 has a new feature that allows the apps to adjust to the screen resolution of the device. So as more devices come out and more apps are released with the 2.0 SDK, it should not be an issue.

3. Droid503

Droid503 Member This Topic's Starter

Sweeeet. Thanks for the heads up.

4. breon

breon Member

A few apps I regularly use look funny on the Droid. Some of it is due to the way the view was setup. Most of it was related to the font sizing. Since the screen has a much higher resolution, the fonts were uber small.

peep the screenshot

Attached Files:

5. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

how about hello im?

i want to put the hero weather widget on mine once i get it. i love it on my G1