• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Current Apps with New Droid

Droid503

Oct 29, 2009
I've been listening to a few Android specific podcasts and have heard that there are some developers who are worried about the different screen sizes and new resolutions, and how this may fragment the market. As someone who is new to the Android system (just pre-ordered Droid at BB) I am curious if the screen size of the new Droid will limit the ability to run current and older apps available on the market.

I've been looking for a an answer but haven't read anything that clearly indicates if the new screen size will pose any issues with compatibility. Any thoughts on this?

A few apps I regularly use look funny on the Droid. Some of it is due to the way the view was setup. Most of it was related to the font sizing. Since the screen has a much higher resolution, the fonts were uber small.

peep the screenshot

Attachments

• fontsizes.jpg
    fontsizes.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones