Current City Issues

Last Updated:

1. tragicheart

tragicheart Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have my theme setup with the weather and time on the home page, but the current city is not where I live.

I've only had the phone for 3 days and its only shown my actual city once.

Anyone else have this issue or a solution?

Advertisement
  2. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

Oops I've just posted an identical thread before reading this...

3. marka87uk

marka87uk Active Member

If you click on the weather part of the widget, click the + button, then the top option should be 'My location'; select that, then the weather displayed should be wherever you currently are. :)

4. tragicheart

That doesn't help with my issue. It just adds another location to the weather app.

I've added my city to the weather app, but I want it to show up on my home page instead of me having to always click the weather app and scroll to see my city.

I'm not even sure where the "current city" area that its showing is. Before it would show at least the name of the city.

5. marka87uk

marka87uk Active Member

Oh! When you go to the weather app you can scroll through your different locations by touching the location part (should show the number it is ie. 2/5). If you leave it on the current location, it should stay that way on the home screen?

6. tragicheart

Thanks . I had added another city which I visit frequently so after deleting that it seems to work now.

Appreciate the help

7. franners

franners Well-Known Member

Just delete the cities so you have 1/1 not 1/5 on the weather display.

8. tragicheart

Seems I have this issue again. I'm using the scene where it has the clock and weather on the home page. But it shows it as "current city" instead of an actual city. The weather is not my city.

In the weather app, I can add my city and its completely different than that one that is on 1/1 (which is current city)

Anyone have ideas on a permanent fix?

9. manc555

manc555 New Member

I have the same problem. The current location had worked, but is now stuck on a location in the lake district instead if where I live... strange

10. tragicheart

I didnt solve this issue, but just made my own homepage with the widgets and setting the time, and weather separately.

11. onlyme

onlyme New Member

How do you delete cities you do not want? I can only seem to be able to add them.:confused:

12. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

The HTC weather widgets always default to showing current location. If you want to see one of your favored cities, you must go into the Weather application.

The current location is determined by cell phone tower/GPS. Not all locations have their cities associated to the towers, so the widgets will just say "current location."

I don't believe one can change the widgets' default to that of a specific city. If there is a way, I don't know one.

To delete a weather city, just flick to the city to delete, press Menu and then select delete.

13. fuzzuy

fuzzuy Member

Hello All,

I am a total newbie here specially with the android business after being Nokia guys for 15 year i just switch to HTC hero and kind a liked it but i am having the same kind of issue here my problem is that i am Fort Mcmurray Canada but my screen shows edmonton weather always I tried changing it by turning GPS on and adding my city manually in the web page of application but nothing seems to be working any idea how can i change the city there.

I do see my current city when i got to weather application and after flicking through pages but again i want to see my city on my home page any one thanks in advance

14. iliko

iliko Active Member

It is driving me nuts as well. I am in England but it displays Dublin.
    I have cleared cache from Application/Weather which used to work before but now it does not. I deleted every city there rebooted my HTC but it comes back with Dublin again. :confused:

15. lunatech

lunatech Active Member

What do you do if you delete the city that is your "current location"? How do you get it back? I can add city manually, set my location using GPS but the default current location is gone and I can't seem to get it back. When you delete the city that is set as "current location" no weather information is displayed on the clock widget.

16. Marshal

Marshal Member

Guys ! Its quit easy.. first of all Delete the clock widget from ur screen. once deleted, again click the + mark to add the widget again . choose witch type clock u wana add. once u selected the widget, next screen will be "ADD City" here u see if ur city is already in the list , just click on it or other wise add/find ur city and click on it . thats it u will see ur selected city along with the clock/whether on homr screen.

:)

17. Zorro

Zorro Member

blimey i thought i was having problems with location.

i should be fortunate as my location is only about a mile away from where i actually am.

is this a Hero/Googlemap "feature"?

18. Blackbird

Blackbird Member

Thank Marshal , seems simple when you know how.....you've saved plenty of head scratching

19. agreenway

agreenway New Member