• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Current/Future Dev Support?

RoyMustang

Nov 8, 2009
Tenn
Hi guys/gals, I'm a current OG Droid owner who has been rooted and flashing roms ever since original root was discovered. I was utterly blown away with all the dev support for the original Droid. It honestly made the device for me. I was even compelled to do some beta testing, (figured it was the least i could do). I really like the Fascinate, but my only concern would be dev support over the life cycle of the phone. So far it looks good, but my question to everyone is do you think this phone will be supported well down the road? I do know a lot of great devs who left the Droid for the X, but the X just isn't for me. If i do get the Fascinate I would be glad to beta test and try to help as much as I can. Thanks in advance Fascinators :)

Thanks to the reply :) Yeah, I've been lurking in the XDA forums for a while now, seems they have some very capable Devs working on the Fascinate. I've been spoiled with all the development for my Droid, hadn't even had the urge to update until I layed my eyes on the beauty that is Fascinate! Rooting really helps to make phones "futureproof" although I hate that term,

Upvote 0
Thanks to the reply :) Yeah, I've been lurking in the XDA forums for a while now, seems they have some very capable Devs working on the Fascinate. I've been spoiled with all the development for my Droid, hadn't even had the urge to update until I layed my eyes on the beauty that is Fascinate! Rooting really helps to make phones "futureproof" although I hate that term,
Yeah I think we all lurk there. I've got 1100 posts here and like 20 there. This is a great community, especially for the new beginner types. But basically this place is elementary school and xda is like college. Mind you I spend most of my time here and only check there like once a day to see if there is anything new. I guess I like elementary school better than college :p

Upvote 0
Nice analogy :cool: I consider myself a "seasoned" android user. I know my way around ABD and flashing, recoveries, kernals, update zips etc. That being said, some of the stuff at XDA is "woosh" right over my head. But I get most of what they're talking about. Guess you can say I've got an associates degree and they have doctorates in android. If I do get the fascinate (leaning hard toward it) then ill definitely be around here as much as possible. Great community!

Upvote 0
Nice analogy :cool: I consider myself a "seasoned" android user. I know my way around ABD and flashing, recoveries, kernals, update zips etc. That being said, some of the stuff at XDA is "woosh" right over my head. But I get most of what they're talking about. Guess you can say I've got an associates degree and they have doctorates in android. If I do get the fascinate (leaning hard toward it) then ill definitely be around here as much as possible. Great community!
Very much agree. I mean Im able to follow everything on there. I've tinkered with adb and sdk. I've restored my filesystem with odin. I can update stuff thru CWM. I suppose that really is kinda basic stuff. The real point is Im definitely a follower rather than a leader. I will never be developing ROMs and Kernels. No how no way

Upvote 0
i came across this site when i was switching between my LG Ally and this Fascinate

SDX-Developers

but it seems fairly dead nowadays...which is sad because it looks like a really well put together site and community....but they have completely ignored my request for a Fascinate section....

Samsung Fascinate SCH-i500 Galaxy S device

so im not sure what to think at this point....

on a side note, i see the Acclaim mentioned when i am browsing the web, specifically if i go to the Facebook app at the bottom of the screen it says "get the Facebook app for your Acclaim now"

is the Fascinate the US name of the Acclaim overseas or what?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
In fact, if anyone wants to upload a nandroid and a system dump of their device tonight (with the most up to date software version), I can at least start.

you followed me over from the LG Ally forums didn't you!! ;)

Trident made some really nice ROMS for the Ally guys, i had 0.2 loaded just before i turned mine in for the Fascinate......

we need to get drellisdee's Turbo kernels going on the Fascinate!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones