Current List of ROMs and Kernels for the Rezound

1. randpost

randpost Well-Known Member

ROMS

ICS SENSE

Nils' Business ICS Sense V1.0 : by NilsP Link

Ineffabilis-Deus-alpha-ICS 4.0.3 sense 3.5 : by newtoroot Link

CleanROM 2.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Edition - 4.0.1 - Full functionality : by scrosler Link

RezROM ICS v1.0 - Awesomeness has arrived : by lllboredlll Link

Pure ICS {AOSP} Beta 1 : by dmeadows013 Link

ICS NO SENSE

SenselessROM 2.0 ICS Edition - Dreams Do Come True! : by scrosler Link

De-Sensed ICS v1.0 : by Tachi91 Link

GB SENSE

Gnex port AOKP : by newtoroot Link

Envigorated Rezound 3D : by joelz9614 Link

Common Sense : by dmeadows013 Link

Stock Rooted WWE 1.02.605.6 : by scrosler Link

BAMF ReZound: by erishasnobattery Link

BAMF ReZound Cubed Stockish and Themed : by dsb9938 Link

RezROM : by lllboredlll Link

InfectedROM Eternity : by Virus Link

Ineffabilis : by Chingy & Newtoroot Link

CleanROM : by scrosler Link

Business GingerSense : by NilsP Link

GB NO SENSE

SenselessROM : by scrosler Link

MIUI

ViciousMIUI V4 HTC Rezound : by DroidVicious Link

Kernels

Vigor GB Kernel : by ziggy471 Link

Stock Rooted Kernel : by Chingy & Newtoroot Link

Unsecured, OverClocked, with SmartAssV2 : by dsb9938 Link

Incredikernal; overclocked GPU, Forced fast charge : by chad0989 Link

[AOSP][WIP] Tiamat KANG : by x3demond3x Link

Tools and Scripts

Boot animation flasher & recovery tool : by Droidel Link

Superwipe : by JoelZ9614 Link

IncrediControl : by chad0989 Link

CleanTOOL : by scrosler Link

CleanFLASH : by scrosler Link

De-sense and Re-sense : by danutzz Link

Xtreme Android Tools : by Xtreme Outcast Link

DeSense & clean-up v5 (for ICS roms) : by danutzz Link

Recovery

ClockworkMod Recovery : by Utkanos Link

Amon Ra : by drellisdee Link

MODS

DTR Throttle Remover : by dmeadows013 Link

Extended Quick Settings - Unlocked! No Location Icon : by scrosler Link

4 in 1 Reboot Menu with Extended Power Menu : by lllboredlll Link

RUU's

HBOOT RUU's : Link

ROOT

One Click Root : Link

THEMES

Redzound beta-v0.7-Ineffabilis : by therev29 Link

Freezable Apps

List : Link

Guides

Super-noob guide to unlocking, rooting : by rainabba Link
    Easy Kernel Installation for S-ON Unlocked Devices : by con247 Link

----------------------------------------
    If you know of a ROM or Kernel that isn't in the list, let me know.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated with any of the ROM's or Kernels listed, make sure you read through the threads for each individual ROM or Kernel.

If you are the dev of one of the items listed above and would like me to remove your work from the list for whatever reason, let me know and I will be glad to do it.
    ----------------------------------------

Advertisement
    :
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Nicely done! :)

Just a note - some of the devs are also posting here and will support answers here directly - see scrosler's and Newtoroot's threads, for example.

PS - tomorrow, we'll make this post two in the main sticky here if you like, and then remove the stale rom references from the sticky OP - I think you're getting the right list faster than we can update the official one. OR - maybe I'll just leave this one stuck. ;)
  3. randpost

randpost Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. Let me know if you want me to change the format or content. I will change some of the links for devs that have threads here for the referenced items.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Staff has been taking the lead in getting forum help up for everyone so people can have consistent tools in all forums. (Some forums had root treasure troves, others had little.)

Hence, the Mini SDK and overall layout we have in the guide maintained by scary alien and staff to at least give a decent starting place.

We far prefer it when a member of the community does their own root-guide-index thing - no one does as a good a job as one of the phone owners.

I think yours looks great, and that it's best then to just leave this one stuck, remove the duplicate references in our sticky, and point to yours here.

Add in how-to-flash instructions for Amon Ra and CWM and via fastboot, and how to do nandroids, and I'd say that would just about nail it. (not in your OP, but in other posts iow)

And I can move such posts to any position in any thread. ;)
  5. MDicnMan

MDicnMan New Member

At the risk of asking a really stupid question, it is there any possibility of a Sense ROM that doesn't have the horrible Sense dock? I am thinking something more like a standard dock or a Go Launcher dock but still all of the other Sense and Sense widgets available. :confused:
  6. scrosler

scrosler Well-Known Member Developer

Not possible. Sense is required for the sense widgets to work.
  7. MDicnMan

MDicnMan New Member

I found that to be true as well. That's why I was wanting to get rid of the app dock but keep Sense. I wasn't sure if it was embedded inextricably in to Sense.
  8. bryan.allen

bryan.allen Well-Known Member

Running the rez Rom....getting the worst battery life I've ever seen on a cell phone. Literally losing about 1% a minute
  9. pwned

pwned Well-Known Member

Anytime you flash you need to give it a few days to settle in to see truly what kind of battery life you'll be getting.
    bryan.allen likes this.
  10. bryan.allen

bryan.allen Well-Known Member

It's unusable though. I can have it plugged in while driving and it still goes down if I'm using GPS nav
  11. chknhwk

chknhwk Well-Known Member

Is anybody running MIUI? The link doesn't work for me and I can't find it listed on Rootzwiki anywhere.
  12. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Well-Known Member

scotty85 likes this.
  13. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

I think ill give it whirl as well :cool:
  14. thornev

thornev Well-Known Member

scotty85 likes this.
  15. al23

al23 Well-Known Member

I am itchig to give this a whirl. I had one question: this is an ICS ROM...besides reflashing the GB kernel, is there anything else I would need to do to go back to GB? Could I just restore a GB backup without reflashing the old kernel?
  16. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

if you launch recovery from fastboot,via the fastboot boot command,you can simply restore your backup. if you try and restore from a permanent recovery,you would need to seperately install the kernel.

dont forget to flash the old firmware patch after flashing the rom,if youre still on GB firmware.

downloading now :)
    al23 likes this.
  17. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

oh wow... mtbhk44,youre right,this is defiantely the smoothest running sense 4.0 rom to date. bluetooth even works,so ill be able to run it a few days. even landscape rosie seems to be bretty smooth :D

definately check it out guys. ima set it up and delete some stuff and see how it goes :cool:
    al23 likes this.
  18. mtbhk44

It really is pretty awesome. I have to delete some of the Verizon bloat myself - I haven't had a chance to do that yet. I had a few wonky moments with the camera yesterday when I needed it, but it seemed to settle itself down once I started using it. Bluetooth works great. I haven't used the GPS yet so not sure how quick the lock is.
  19. DroidPhreak

DroidPhreak Active Member

I've been using it since it was released and all seems to be working very well. Camera focuses correctly now, Bluetooth is working now, the rom seems much smoother and snappier than the previous version. I've used GPS on a few of my trips, not once did it restart. The voice on the GPS is also less robotic which is nice :).

I'm currently running this with Bootmanager to test it before I actually flash it and it looks like a winner :). What I've encountered so far are FC on playing Video (could probably use mx player or something), mirror app doesn't fill the screen, data arrows don't work, some of the camera filters don't work. Another item that doesn't work because it's hardware dependent is the capability of taking a picture while recording video. Oh and the FM tuner doesn't work either, again due to hardware limitations.

Thus far, I wouldn't be surprised if other ROM devs use Newt's as a base for their mods/tweaks. I just hope they give credit to NewToRoot, seeing as he created the RIL and this ROM is his baby.
    al23 likes this.
  20. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

i used gps today and it worked fine. bluetooth as well. only thing ive found to complain about is no working my verizon :( other than that,its working great.

im not a fan of sense,normally,but... this rom is really pretty :eek: :D
    al23 likes this.
  21. mtbhk44

The camera is giving me fits with this one. Keeps force closing on me. Sometimes it will work, other times it will not. When it does stay up and focuses, it does a great job.
    scotty85 likes this.
  22. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

i actually havnt used the camera that much... but i has been fine the couple times i have used it. hopefully he continues to build and develop this one. :)
  23. ntrnlerror9

ntrnlerror9 Active Member

alright... you know my track record here, im trying to run this NeWts-OnE-XxX-RLS-3-signed.zip Mirror
    but my phone keeps over heating and crashing, any suggestions? am i missing something here? i did turn off the animations like he says...
    im guessing i either am using the wrong rom or missed something with the update or boot.img? im not sure, but i did go back to the bootloader and saw the little status bar right away on that screen.

from what i saw on the initial bootup im prettty excited to get this working if i can :)

ps im just nuts about androidforums, so many ppl willing to help novices lol

well i just looked at the main page for everything root and saw this
    [Rom] Newts OnE XxX beta (Sense 4 ICS 4.0.3) 4/2/2012
    hovercraftdriver25.....
    so i have some ideas where i might have messed up lol.... definatly helps if you look around just a little bit
  24. cobb_cruiser

cobb_cruiser Member

(oops - noob post)
  25. cobb_cruiser

cobb_cruiser Member

My daily driver is missing from the list of ICS Sense ROMs, which has proven to be the most stable and complete for me. The battery life I get from this is also amongst the best.

And the best ROM for me is...

Vigor360 v1.1 ICS 4.03.605.2 Sense 3.6: by zhp pilot Link