Current Nexus 7 Quality ControlGeneral

1. Wildo6882

Wildo6882 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if anyone has any update on the quality control of the Nexus 7. I have gone through three that had significant screen lift on the left side. I absolutely LOVED the thing, but I couldn't get passed that, so I've been waiting around to see if anything changes in the near future and they come out in a little better condition. I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

I bought a 8GB & a 16GB last month and not had one issue with either one. 8GB was bought at Office Depot & the 16GB from Wal-Mart.
  3. Wildo6882

Do you have any screen lift at all? Even the smallest amount?

I went through 3 that all had it to varying degrees. Which was so unfortunate because I LOVED this tablet otherwise. It was absolutely perfect for me. I just couldn't deal with the screen lift. It always worried me thinking I would crack the screen sooner rather than later. So I was wondering if anything had changed in QC.

Thanks!!
  4. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

no screen lift what so ever on our 2. ;)
  5. Wildo6882

Thanks again! It seems like I've heard that a little more often lately so I'm hoping they got that issue fixed in production. I'd sure like to get a great one back in my hands!
  6. Ace90

Ace90 New Member

Happy to say I have no problem of any sort to report. The quality is exceptional. Maybe not enough people chime in here of how their's is fine?
  7. Wildo6882

I just ordered another one from Google so I'm definitely hoping this is the case!
  8. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

No problems on the one I picked up a couple weeks ago.
  9. TriumphLance

TriumphLance Well-Known Member

I just bought a 16gb from Walmart and its perfect so far none of the initial problems like dead pixels or screen separation.
  10. Turbojoe

Turbojoe Well-Known Member

Even after dropping and shattering the screen on my first one there was no screen lift. It was a C60 version. My new one is a C70 version a few weeks old and still no problems at all.

Joe
  11. Wildo6882

I guess maybe I got REALLY unlucky with my first 3. I'm hoping the one that's in the mail will be better than those. Thanks for all the input.
  12. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

My brand new one has VERY minor lift on the left side (I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't searched for it).
  13. Wildo6882

That's kind of how my last one was. It just makes me worry when it has a little flex in it. Makes me think down the road it may get worse, and flex like that may make the glass crack.
  14. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Mine doesn't have any flex FWIW
  15. mikemck

mikemck Member

Got an N7 last week from Walmart and it's great, no issues at all
  16. Wildo6882

Just for an update:

Picked one up from Google. Looks great. Does have the slightest slightest bit of lift on the left side. No squishy-ness, though. And no distortion of the screen. Looks like a keeper. Hopefully the screen doesn't come up over time, but it isn't worth an exchange at this point in time.
  17. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Mine has a little bit of screen lift on left side. Ordered it from amazon 2 weeks ago

Not enough of an issue for me to return it. I love this thing :D
  18. Wildo6882

Yeah, probably the same thing I have now. It's negligible at best. My last two have had issues with flexing and distorting the screen. Hope this one holds up. This is the best tablet on the market right now aside from the QC issues.