Current Sprint customers Paymore...

Last Updated:

1. I want my EVO

I want my EVO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member

Umm...I am upgrading and was told by both Sprint and Radio Shack that it would be 199 on contract.

Also isn't the unsubsidized price 499? Sounds like their editor needs to do some fact checking.

3. RoadkillStewie

RoadkillStewie Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, their probably referring to the Sprint-Online price, which is probably going to show as 299 with a 100 mail in rebtate.

4. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

5. kingswiss

kingswiss Member

He is partially correct. The full HTC retail w/o contract is $549. However, Sprint customers who are eligible for an upgrade & choose to buy this phone via Sprint online or an official Sprint store/kiosk will pay $299 before the MIR. If you purchase from RS or BB as many have done, then the price is $199.

6. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

My husband and I are sprint customers. We are not eligible for an upgrade until September but we don't want to wait that long for the Evo. (We are both going to get one). So, how much will it cost us? Someone who works for Sprint told me it would be 399.99 for each of us. Is this right?

7. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

I read on some other posts that if you are within 6 months of your upgrade date you can call sprint and talk to them about it. So far everyone said you had to agree to a $50.00 charge per line to up the date and you could get the phone for the discounted price. Not sure how true it is but worth a shot if you want to save some money.

8. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Call and ask for Sprint Retentions. They are doing the $50 early upgrade plans. After paying for the early upgrade, the phone is the same $299 with $100 MIR as everyone else. Last I heard, this program was for Sprint customers who've been with Sprint for more than a year though.

Not sure how they're handling people who have just been with Sprint for a few months and are now looking for an upgrade.

9. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Not trying to be rude, but who do you think would most likely be right: Somebody who works for the company in question or a bunch of random people on an internet message board ;)

Some guy said there was a way to pay $50 to upgrade early (and you'd end up saving in the long run), but that sounded like it was a special one time only thing. Call customer service and ask, but don't expect much.

10. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

HTC, or any manufacturing company, always sets different prices for phones. Because they say 549, does not mean sprint will offer it for 549. I have about 10 emails all confirming sprinst retail price is 449. So I am going to got them as full sprint retail price.

11. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I will call Sprint and find out. My husband and I both want to upgrade and we have not been with Sprint over a year yet. (It will be a year in Sept.)

12. lewi3069

lewi3069 Well-Known Member

Cheers! :D

My dumbself got my upgrade moved up a few months a few months ago so I could get my Hero at a good price.... So that left me in a bad spot with the evo... When I went to RS the guy behind the counter was like let me get your number so I can run it for a upgrade check. When it came up he started laughing and said dude your going to have to buy it outright... I could of told him that.... So I when I asked him how much it would be outright. He said it would be around 600 to 700. Then I asked him where he came up with that and his brilliant answer was... Ready for this? "Well I have the HD2 and it was 500 out right." I simply put my credit card back in my wallet and just walked out of the store with my head low. I really hate uneducated answers.... :(

But to sum up my super longer than I wanted post.

Im happy because I have had my Evo for a week now because I bought it off of ebay. :D:D

13. leastbay

leastbay Well-Known Member

just checked the Walmart preorder online and it is only giving the $199 price to new customers, upgrade or add lines are $299.

14. leastbay

leastbay Well-Known Member

15. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

How do people not get the pricing yet. If you buy directly from Sprint it is 299.99 with a 2 year contract then you get a 100.00 Mail in Rebate. It is 449.99 off contract directly from Sprint. All retailers (Radio Shack, Best Buy, Walmart, HTC) New 2 year contract 199.99 with the instant rebate, and off contract it is 549.99. they all seem to handle the 2 year contract renewal a little different so I am not sure about that. But basically if you are paying for the phone outright Sprint is the cheapest. Ok now that I look at it it is a bit confusing lol

16. uapyro

uapyro Active Member

Is there a specific something I ask for? I asked about "early upgrade eligibility for a fee" 3 different times, and nobody had even heard of it. I'm 4 months from my 22 month upgrade and I'd like to hopefully get the EVO before Sept 15 (the earliest eligibility they said they'd do was 14 or 15 days, for free)

17. thearch1tect

thearch1tect Active Member

Interested in this as well .. just tried calling and got the same spiel from them. CSR also said that retail pricing is 449 with no discounts