• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Current Username in phone identity settings is way different

I am just curious how when i go to settings to look at my phone identity, my username is my email address along with a bunch of numbers attached to it.

so it shows "mynamex98765321098765@sprintpcs.com" I saw that someone elses evo shows that persons @sprintpcs.com minus the numbers. I cant ask the person cause hes not around anymore.

How would i change my email to leave off those numbers?

That's how your phone logs into the data network so it's not something you would want to change!

You ever get the error 67? Sometimes the phone will glitch and tell you that you have an incorrect username or password. It's usually just a one time glitch, but if you change your username it'll be constant!

Whatever the username is, it's supposed to be that! That's why it's there

Upvote 0
I think the statement made that

"Whatever the username is, it's supposed to be that! That's why it's there"

is incorrect. I'm having the same problem on the Android phone that was I just bought. After the SPRINT person walked me though the Activation process, the phone number changed correctly to my phone number, but the "Current Username" in the Phone Identity (which was my Sprintpcs email address) did not change to the one on my previous phones. As a result, I have no problems calling out or receiving calls; but I am getting Data Error messages -- and I think it is because of the wrong "Current Username" in the Phone Identity.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones