Currently In contract problem

Last Updated:

1. The Urban Connect

The Urban Connect Member This Topic's Starter

If i just signed a new two yr contract when i got the hero in November. Any idea the price when i upgrade to the EVO?

Advertisement
  2. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

full retail :( no price really set yet... just guesstimations..

3. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Well-Known Member

same problem here, i got the Hero xmas eve and now i have to pay full price:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

4. KRD

KRD Well-Known Member

I am going to add a line, put the EVO on the primary line, then sell m hero to take care of the ETF, after I cancel that line that I added. Saving me $$$

5. fabulas

fabulas Active Member

You won't get your mail in rebate this way.

6. skwidwerd13

skwidwerd13 New Member

What you do is buy the evo full price when it comes out and since you're a premier customer already on sprint, just upgrade with another evo in november and sell that one for full price on ebay or wherever. :)

7. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

you're in the same boat we'll all be in when the new "_____ ____ 4G!" comes out 6 months from june 6th (or 13th, or may 22nd...).

8. KRD

KRD Well-Known Member

I will if I get it at Best Buy.

9. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

If you really want it, you buy it with less of a discount (like I did with my Pre when I wasn't eligible for a full upgrade yet) or full price. If you need your cash more than you need to have an Evo on day one, hold off and wait until your contract is up in the Fall/Winter. There will probably something even better out by then anyway but if you still want the Evo it will be a lot cheaper by then.

Not to be a total dick but you got a huge subsidy when you bought that Hero and that is predicated on you paying phone bills for a certain amount of time so they can make some money back. Be glad we get our upgrade subsidies every year instead of every two like other carriers!

10. boomhower

boomhower Well-Known Member

This is the way to go. Sell your Hero for ~$175 and for $25 bucks more than a new customer you have your EVO.

11. aerick

aerick Member

But the thing is that, If you sell your Hero on ebay, then a lot of people are doing the same thing and that will drive the ebay value down. So, you might only get $ 75 maybe a $100 for your phone.

12. boomhower

boomhower Well-Known Member

There's not going to be enough people selling at the same time to drive them down that low. Sure the EVO is going to be a good selling phone but it isn't going to sell like the iphone. And every Hero user isn't going to be ebay their phone on release day. If you can get a Hero is good condition for $75 this time next year I will be surprised.

13. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

funny thing you mention this lol when I was looking for a phone (mine is dying!) I was interested in beginning my realm into touchscreen/smartphone type.. I looked at the hero.. 479 to me from Sprint so I hit up ebay... they were all over $300 and this was a little over a month ago.. I offered one guy $500 for 2 and he turned me down.. :D

Forgot to finish LOL glad I waited and he turned me down.. I am now in line for the Evo lol

14. aerick

aerick Member

@boomhower: Very true, I just searched ebay now $200 for a used one, still not that bad. maybe craiglist well be better.

@ clambert1273, that sucks. That's kinda of the issue with ebay, it lacks a personal touch. Sometimes I think it's all robots that do all the work.