• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Cursor Mode

unHandyAndy

Lurker
Apr 17, 2015
I've had eye problems recently which made reading a computer monitor difficult, so I've spent a lot of time using my tablets (Samsung 10.1 and 12.2). What an exasperating experience. On a computer monitor cursor moving and clicking are two distinct actions, so you can make sure you've done the first right before clicking.

Not so on a tablet; effectively moving and clicking are simultaneous. My fingers are too thick and clumsy to hit the tiny screen targets on most webpages, so I'm forever hitting the wrong button or having the device fail to respond at all.

Here's what I'd like. Use the tablet screen as a trackball to control a screen cursor. The cursor would move according to the movement of my finger, irrespective of the starting point. A mouse click would be triggered by a tap anywhere.

That might make Android tablets usable even by my mother.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones